First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rander FX4
Occupation
Knifemaker
I traded my 14 F150 a few months back for a 19 Ranger. From the 1st test drive i really liked the little truck vs the f150. It felt quicker, a bit difficult to get used to the lack of space but the amount of $ i save on gas is worth it. I had the truck 3 days before getting in touch with Torrie from unleashed since he tuned my f150. The 93 octane tune really woke the little ranger up and made it fun to drive compared to my lifted f150 even though it was tuned, the ranger is definitely quicker i felt. With the f150 i spent most of the $ on making the truck look cool.. typical 6in lift, wheels, tires, running boards etc... on this truck i decided to spend the $ on performance and its been fun i have to admit. Turbosmart bov was next, then mountune intercooler, mishimoto intake, then it was a downpipe from CVF. I wasn't sure if i was going to install a 3in catback due to the loudness... not really into that but i did it anyway and got the MBRP aluminized to keep the cost down and painted it black with high temp paint. Its definitely not a quiet truck any longer but it doesnt sound bad and my wife can tolorate it. Cold starts are loud however with the downpipe. I then got the Dragy gps and app to see what all these bolt ons actually do. Only problem is i don't know what the #s before installing all this. Yesterday was the 1st attempt in not so great conditions, a little damp out still from the hurricane but so far it's done 5.58 was the best 0-60 time. Best ¼ mile time so far was 13.99. I feel like there is more in it without a full tank of fuel so,
Screenshot_20221111-191051_dragy.jpg
Screenshot_20221111-191106_dragy.jpg
more to come. I can see how guys get addicted to drag racing and chasing better times, its been pretty fun so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Larevo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rander FX4
Occupation
Knifemaker
Here is the latest attempt after installing some new plugs. The old plugs didn't look to bad but i have no idea how old they are so ordered some new plugs that Torrie from Unleashed Tuning recommended NGK Iridium LTR7IX-11. Could definitely feel a difference after installing, smoother throttle response and felt a little quicker... the times the truck ran after confirms that but, with some other factors to consider as well. Conditions were better, increased my rpm at launch to aprox 3k, and only about an 1/8 of a tank of fuel. So, not sure if it's all from the new plugs, most likely a combination of all of it.

Below are screen shots from the best times... 13.68 1/4 mile and 0-60 in 5.35 sec.... in a Ford ranger with very minimal upgrades is pretty impressive imo.... More to come soon... going to get an update on the tune and try to get a little more out of it while keeping in mind this is my daily driver... I've seen another Ranger on the Dragy app run 0-60 in 4.4 sec.... which i didn't think was possible but, I'm beginning to think it may just be.

13.68_quarter mile.jpg

5.35_0-60.jpg

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Nice just like you wish you had the before numbers.

OP
OP

Larevo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rander FX4
Occupation
Knifemaker
Another run tonight in some cooler weather in central FL down in the 50's tonight which this little turbo seemed to like. Possibly get into the high 4's 0-60 next....

13.39 quter.jpg
5.08-60.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Have you tried Torrie's e50 tune?

If that's his 93, the e50 ought to get you there.

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
any updates on this more improvements?
Sponsored