Faint burning smell when parked in the garage

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Would it help anyone here if I said My 2017 F150 does the same occasionally?
I'll get either a rubber or oil type of burning smell around the inner fender area on drivers side.

2 years and 30k miles and still does it. Dealers said it was normal, so I dropped the issue.

Sometimes it's the quick connects that seem to pop themselves loose, maybe check those.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Since you can only smell it in your garage maybe it is your garage door opener/closer. :angel:

Urabus33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Xlt
Add me to the list too. Wasn't my brakes and unable to replicate at dealer. I did notice it more intense on very cold nights using the defrost vents. but it also happens when remote starting on mild days.

Urabus33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Xlt
Just wanted to bump an old thread to say the problem persists.

First day here under 30 degrees outside, drove to work with the heat/defrost on intermittently and had the burning smell again coming from under the truck after arriving at the office. Dealer unable to replicate since my last post, and thinks I'm crazy.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Yup, still happens to me. 36,000 miles in so far. Seems to be mainly from rear wheel well. Can't find it, and it dissipates quickly. Seems to happen mostly when diving a road with a lot of turns, fast or slow. S-mode I think makes it occur more.

I now think I'm crazy.
Sponsored