First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Does anyone know what level of window tint comes from the factory on the Ranger?
Sponsored

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Does anyone know what level of window tint comes from the factory on the Ranger?
I believe it is 20%, the window tinter I used for my F150 measured it with a gun type tool ( I forget the technical name)that he placed against the factory tint on the back door glass he then did the roll down windows with the same % so they matched, ask your tinter if he measures the glass if your looking to match.
Also you could go lighter tint I had that setup on my '02 Ranger didn't want the darker on the front roll downs. it looked fine IMO.
Good Luck

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Also make sure to check your state laws. It is illegal in some states to put anything darker than 35% on the front door windows.

OP
OP
Grussell

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Also make sure to check your state laws. It is illegal in some states to put anything darker than 35% on the front door windows.
35% where I am at. I used to have an assigned unmarked fire marshall vehicle with 5% all around, including the windshield. Loved it except at night.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I have found that while 20% looks good all the way around, it makes it difficult for me to see safety at night.
Sponsored