First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger. 2020 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t want to add an after market exhaust until the factory warranty ends. Currently at 5mo and 5K miles. This being said, anyone have any experience with good exhaust tips? Any feedback regarding their use?
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Pick one that looks good to you - that's 99% of the job they do. For sound they are too little and too late in the exhaust process to make enough of a difference to make a difference.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I painted the end of my exhaust and right after I did it, it looked great. Now, a year later, you can hardly tell due to all the mud, etc it accumulates. I've tried to wash it off, but since it is a flat black, it doesn't really clean up well.

Not sure how that translates to an actual tip.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t want to add an after market exhaust until the factory warranty ends. Currently at 5mo and 5K miles. This being said, anyone have any experience with good exhaust tips? Any feedback regarding their use?
This one works on my blue truck. Stainless steel with a blue burnt look. Inlet is 3". Like GTGalop said it's just what looks good to you.

exaust tip web.jpg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I had all the plans laid to do as Larry did, paint mine. But the laziness is strong in me, and I picked this one up. Haven't got it installed yet as the truck is still in the parking lot at the Ford plant. It seems to be well built, but the jury is still out on how well it will hold up after it's been on the truck for a while.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/308574068

alex13jk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
This one works on my blue truck. Stainless steel with a blue burnt look. Inlet is 3". Like GTGalop said it's just what looks good to you.

exaust tip web.jpg
This looks great, did you find this online somewhere or at a local muffler shop? I'd be interested in something like this in a black or smoke finish

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had all the plans laid to do as Larry did, paint mine. But the laziness is strong in me, and I picked this one up. Haven't got it installed yet as the truck is still in the parking lot at the Ford plant. It seems to be well built, but the jury is still out on how well it will hold up after it's been on the truck for a while.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/308574068
What I don't like about add on tips is seeing the stock exhaust pipe inside the tip. If I was to add one I would cut back the stock pipe before installing so you don't see the stock pipe.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
What I don't like about add on tips is seeing the stock exhaust pipe inside the tip. If I was to add one I would cut back the stock pipe before installing so you don't see the stock pipe.
@Blue Streak, I'm thinking the same thing Larry. I'm hoping since this one is an angle cut that problem won't be as noticeable. I'll know for sure soon. Ford is telling me my truck should be at the dealer on 12/10. But, through experience I know that's just wishful thinking. :)

I tried to find a 3" in, 3" out black exhaust tip. But those things are like hens teeth. Hard to find unless you want to pay like a million dollars for one. lol

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Blue Streak, I'm thinking the same thing Larry. I'm hoping since this one is an angle cut that problem won't be as noticeable. I'll know for sure soon. Ford is telling me my truck should be at the dealer on 12/10. But, through experience I know that's just wishful thinking. :)

I tried to find a 3" in, 3" out black exhaust tip. But those things are like hens teeth. Hard to find unless you want to pay like a million dollars for one. lol
Jim yours & James both look like the way the fastenyou should be able to cut back the stock pipe.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Jim yours & James both look like the way the fastenyou should be able to cut back the stock pipe.
I cut back the stock pipe because I didn't care for the look of the silver inside the black tip. Was super easy to do.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I do have a "saws all". That thing ain't gotta chance. :bandit:

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
There is no implied warranty with respect to after-market exhaust systems. If there were, there wouldn't be an after marker for one, for any vehicle!

The one I bought was from Ford, and has their name on it.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
This looks great, did you find this online somewhere or at a local muffler shop? I'd be interested in something like this in a black or smoke finish
They came from Amazon but when I look in my history they are no longer available. There are many other options.

1605989823697.png
Sponsored