Exhaust Tips

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
I don’t want to add an after market exhaust until the factory warranty ends. Currently at 5mo and 5K miles. This being said, anyone have any experience with good exhaust tips? Any feedback regarding their use?
I pick one up from Amazon. AUTOSAVER88 3 Inch Inlet Black Exhaust Tip, Standard 3" Inside Diameter Inlet Black Painting Finish Stainless Steel Exhaust Tailpipe Tip, 3" x 5" x 12" Clamp On Design.

First I painted the tail pipe Dupli-Color Low Gloss Black (DE1634) Engine enamel with ceramic. This paint is good up to 500 degrees. After one year the finish started to show signs of wear, almost like being sandblasted but only on the tip itself. The tailpipe still looked fine. So I put on some weathertech mudflaps to help protect tip. I pulled the tip off, smoothed out rough spots with some sandpaper, then applied 5 coats of the Dupli-Color paint listed above. It's been holding up really good. Here is a picture and excuse the dirty truck, it's been raining.

100_1007.JPG
Sponsored

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I bought the MBRP flat black tip it was $85 CAD. Looks good enough until I install an aftermarket exhaust sometime in the future.

IMG_20200905_150104.jpg

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I trimmed mine at an angle so the aft side is slightly shorter than the front. This creates a negative pressure in the exhaust system when driving reducing back pressure and exceeding any hp and mpg gain you tail gate damper owners may perceive. I then painted it black with high temp paint.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Could always get Ford performance exhaust to stay kosher with your warranty

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I ordered one from Amazon Warehouse deals. It was like $9 shipped to my door. It does have a small chip inside (see picture), but some matte black paint and you would never know. Here is the link: DC Sports EX-1011B Performance Bolt-On Resonated Muffler Tip with Clamps and Adapters for Universal Fitment on Most Cars, Sedans, and Trucks - Matte Black Powdercoat https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GMNL36E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_fc0VFbVMPKVW6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
and here the picture of mine.
60E0F5F9-54ED-4EE9-AFA6-62618C1C8F3A.jpeg

I had mine welded on when I had my Flowmaster 40 series installed.
Sponsored