Enough with all these little badges and logos!

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The logo is quite simple to remove. Can you see the holes? You have to look close.

IMG_20190504_115500.jpg
no, thats not bad at all. would be neat to have two little black rivets or caps to put in there to seal up the holes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The logo is quite simple to remove. Can you see the holes? You have to look close.

IMG_20190504_115500.jpg
Do these boards stick out from the sides and provide any door ding protection like the tyger blades do?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Are you still advertising for the dealership? First thing I took off it was the dealer badge on the tailgate, the 2nd thing was the branded license plate bracket when I got my plates
Oh, lord yes! I cannot STAND it when people leave those stupid dealership stamps on the rear of their car and continue to use the dealership's license plate frames. It's like, "How much is the dealership paying you to advertise on your own car for them? Nothing? Then why keep them?" They're so ugly and presumptive. The dealership had NOTHING to do with making the car, so why should they get to put their stamp on it? It's one of the first things I tell a salesman when I start looking at a particular car on their lot. They will have to take their "brand" off the car before I take it home.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I don't mind some discreet branding, as long as the company concerned has provided me with exceptional service or parts. For example, I left the dealer's license-plate frame on back, but declined the "free" one they offered for the front. My dealer has always been straight with me, and this is my second vehicle with them, but one ad per vehicle is enough. Likewise, I love the Ford-Fox Two-inch Leveling kit we put on, and found the enclosed Fox stickers (with the tail) kind of fun, and so I have a tiny Fox sticker on my back window. But I pulled the FX4 decals off the bedsides of my truck since it just looked too much "bling" for my taste....
I have the sport "stickers" on the sides of my bed and I'm kind of thinking I'd like to take them off, too. Just seem extraneous. How did you get your FX4 stickers off? I only want to take them off if I can do it totally safely without leaving any hint that they were even there.

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. They taper front to back, but you can install them the other way if you prefer. There is a thread on the forum with more on this.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/go-rhino-now-shipping-raptor-style-rb20-running-boards.2457/

goRhino stickout (3).jpg

goRhino stickout (1).jpg

goRhino stickout (2).jpg
the ones listed on stage3motorsports say they are "crew cab" do they fit the super crew?

these: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/6...-Rhino-RB20-Powder-Coated-Running-Boards.html

i tried the chat window thing, but it timed me out :(

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Just finished removing the dealer name decal from my Ranger. I figure he got 6 1/2 months of advertising, which is fair for the service he has given me.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Are you still advertising for the dealership? First thing I took off it was the dealer badge on the tailgate, the 2nd thing was the branded license plate bracket when I got my plates
Exact same thing I did and in the same order. No free advertising.!!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I was prepared to object to the dealer sticker. For some reason they didn't add one (I saw no reason to ask why). I don't have my own special license plate frame, didn't mind the look of the dealer one, and think that a frameless license plate looks kind of naked, so I was going to leave that on there. But I noticed that the tailgate might have been making very slight contact with the frame when the tailgate was lowered, so I removed the frame to avoid any potential for rubbing on the paint.

In general, I don't mind discreet little branding labels on things, but I do object when they get excessive and flashy.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
One low key debadging move was to put the pivot toolbox on the side of the bed with the line x badge. Covered it up nicely without affecting the warranty or damaging the bed.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hi Thom,

When I hired into Ford in 1973, Custom was the base model. Then XL in the middle and XLT was top. Custom was top of the line at one time way back when. Now XL is the base model. And so it goes with the Marketing Slippery slope of trim levels....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Victoria >Crown Victoria> Crown Victoria LX

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That is the worst part of the aftermarket parts. I used my rewards points to get the pivot toolbox from Ford specifically because I knew it would annoy me seeing the UnderCover logo every day over the Ford one. I took the dealer logo off right away. I am still on the fence about the EcoBoost one. I am not crazy about it but at least is factory.
Took my EcoBoost badge off with a roll of tape, a razor blade and a tack hammer. I know it sounds scary but I have a process!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have the sport "stickers" on the sides of my bed and I'm kind of thinking I'd like to take them off, too. Just seem extraneous. How did you get your FX4 stickers off? I only want to take them off if I can do it totally safely without leaving any hint that they were even there.
Just use a hairdryer to warm it up for a couple minutes. Now start peeling it back at an angle while keeping the heat from the hairdryer ahead of the sticker. Once you're done just clean and wax the rear quarter and you'll never know it was there.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I m looking at running boards, i already have the bushwacker guards on, and they have their little logo, and considering the Go Rhino RB20, and they have their little badge. i like things pretty low key and i dont like the idea of all these little shiny logos everywhere... rant over. :p MATTE BLACK EVERYTHING
I had a '77 Corvette once and when I went to see my brother-in-law at his car sales job I caught one of his managers walking around to the back of my car carrying a license plate frame and a screwdriver. The ensuing exchange did not go well for him.
Sponsored