Engine Cover Something I noticed.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
We used to have a rodent problem, last cat was a bit of a non event as a hunter. In fact whilst a lovely, friendly, sweet natured cat, he was a bit slow in everything. He always wore this look of perpetual surprise. I think he might have been dropped on his head as a kitten.

The current one however, although half the size of the last, is is a quick and efficient killer, rodents are quickly discovered, rooted out, and dispatched. When not killing things she is mostly loudly and vociferously reminding us of mealtimes, to be let in, to be let out, and to be patted and scratched, and to play fetch.

jeffllankford

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
For anyone with mice issues, spraying peppermint oil under the hood periodically has solved our rodent issues. We park in the open and have had an engine compartment literally filled with black walnuts by squirrels. Spraying peppermint monthly during the fall gathering season stopped this. I buy the spray cans at Lowes.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
For anyone with mice issues, spraying peppermint oil under the hood periodically has solved our rodent issues. We park in the open and have had an engine compartment literally filled with black walnuts by squirrels. Spraying peppermint monthly during the fall gathering season stopped this. I buy the spray cans at Lowes.
Seems to work for me too, to an extent. I do like you and open the hood regularly (and also blast 90 psi all around the engine.

I get peppermint oil spray stuff and add more peppermint oil to it. Now I'm switching to a peppermint and cinnamon spray. Also going to fortify it with straight peppermint and cinnamon oils. Plus I'm adding cayenne extract to it.

They'll either get lost or stay for the buffet!

20240123_101205(1).jpg
Sponsored