First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Absolute Black Ranger
Occupation
Aviation
Thanks for the update Rick. I will try to get a video of mine doing it to compare. It is very loud, I drive as conservative as I can to not get the noise. If my truck is warm it doesn't seem to want to squeal, If I punch the gas right after I start up the truck it usually always happens.
All good since the AC Pump change? Mine has been quiet since my last post.
Sponsored

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Dealer is getting it installed on Thursday. But mine hasn't made the noise since I took it to the dealership. So weird.

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Got the AC compressor in today and all is well. I hope that fixed the noise. Nothing so far so good news there

OP
OP
RickB

RickB

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Absolute Black Ranger
Occupation
Aviation
That sounds good to me!
My Ranger finally was making the squeal consistently so I took it to the dealer for a test drive with a tech. Tech agreed it was rotational. They found the right rear wheel bearing race had separated. They replace the race, bearing, and service rear differential. Just picked it us an quiet as a mouse

Nollie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport, 1996 Porsche Carrera 4S, 1987 Toyota Pickup
Occupation
Red team analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my squeal. It really was hard to pin point, and mostly noticeable on cold wet mornings. But, I finally was able to get the truck in while it was squealing and I had time. Tech said it was a seal in the right rear (didn't get the specifics). They're ordering the part and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Sponsored