Does the Tremor have Package Specific Lower and Upper Control Arms?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I promise I've searched for this one, so forgive me if it's been covered.

I just picked up a '21 Tremor, and was curious if it has specific upper control arms or lower control arms, versus a non-Tremor Ranger.

I know the knuckles are "different," but what does that mean? Are they different in dimensions, or are the same dimension but made out of a different metal?
Sponsored

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to riddle this out for a while. Press material Ford released says it has a different "knuckle" but nobody has been able to find that the Tremor uses a different part number for the control arms.

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
The knuckle curves out by ball joint. This was designed to fit the wider tire tremors have. This was the info I was given by ford rep. I need to pull tire and confirm. Upper lower A arms the same.

OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
The knuckle curves out by ball joint. This was designed to fit the wider tire tremors have. This was the info I was given by ford rep. I need to pull tire and confirm. Upper lower A arms the same.
Perfect, so safe to say any Ranger UCA will fit.

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
That is what my dealership has said and the rep. I dont always take that as gospel. I reached out to camburg and total chaos and both just said you need cast iron taper uniball. Fox and king both say there shocks will work on the tremor with its uca and lower. Now instead of 2.5 to 3 inches of lift its 1 to 1.5 inches of lift. Plus both Camburg and total chaos uca will work. I've got a fox 2.5 reservoir racing shocks I'm going to put on with camburg uca when the weather changes. I will post it on here.
I hope that helps but it never hurts to reach out to the company your going to go with.

OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
That is what my dealership has said and the rep. I dont always take that as gospel. I reached out to camburg and total chaos and both just said you need cast iron taper uniball. Fox and king both say there shocks will work on the tremor with its uca and lower. Now instead of 2.5 to 3 inches of lift its 1 to 1.5 inches of lift. Plus both Camburg and total chaos uca will work. I've got a fox 2.5 reservoir racing shocks I'm going to put on with camburg uca when the weather changes. I will post it on here.
I hope that helps but it never hurts to reach out to the company your going to go with.
Awesome thanks.

That is exactly what I want to do as well. Let me know how it goes!

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
But the tremor comes with a tire size that is known to fit on a regular Ranger without any clearance issues. To my eyes however the Tremor sits "differently" than a leveled Ranger on 265/70/17's and I think its because of a slightly wider stance.

OP
OP

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
But the tremor comes with a tire size that is known to fit on a regular Ranger without any clearance issues. To my eyes however the Tremor sits "differently" than a leveled Ranger on 265/70/17's and I think its because of a slightly wider stance.
My question is, is the width purely from the different wheel specs and tires, or do the suspension components ( knuckles) make it wider.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
My question is, is the width purely from the different wheel specs and tires, or do the suspension components ( knuckles) make it wider.
well the Tremor wheels do have a different offset than the Lariat rims mine came with and stick out about an inch farther. I measured both and wrote it someplace, but if you search I am pretty sure the offsets are listed here someplace.
here are tremor wheels and tires on my FX4 package with the Ford/Fox 2.0 shocks front and back

IMG_1876.jpeg

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
well the Tremor wheels do have a different offset than the Lariat rims mine came with and stick out about an inch farther. I measured both and wrote it someplace, but if you search I am pretty sure the offsets are listed here someplace.
here are tremor wheels and tires on my FX4 package with the Ford/Fox 2.0 shocks front and back
The wheel is wider, but the offset is identical from what I've read. This makes the wheel stick out slightly more both inside and outside.

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Hopes this helps some. The Australian counterpart to the tremor. One of us needs to pull off tire and look for a lock stop and jounce bump stops . I have not noticed either. If anyone has info that proves this I'm very interested.
Screenshot_20220127-201013_Chrome.jpg

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
This a pic of Australian front suspension. I dont believe ours have this

Screenshot_20220127-202217_Chrome.jpg

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
The wheel is wider, but the offset is identical from what I've read. This makes the wheel stick out slightly more both inside and outside.
respectfuly disagree, I have both wheels and there is a measurable offset difference

ICE 27

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
respectfuly disagree, I have both wheels and there is a measurable offset difference
The wheels both are +55. The tremor is .5 inches wider. That's the difference. I thought same as you before I read it. If these are you 18 " wheels? Tremmor is last pic.

20220127_204625.jpg

20220127_204644.jpg

20220127_204555.jpg

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
my original wheels are these. and I can assure you, there is a difference. I measured them.
and on that, I am out, the OP's question was about the suspension anyway.

IMG_0504.jpeg
Sponsored