Does anyone care what Scotty Kilmer thinks?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
The only Scotty I ever cared for is the one that can beam me up!
Hey catching up on some big bang theory episodes and yesterday saw the one where they are dressed like Star Trek Nex Gen taking photos in the desert and their car gets stolen, hilarious.
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Hey catching up on some big bang theory episodes and yesterday saw the one where they are dressed like Star Trek Nex Gen taking photos in the desert and their car gets stolen, hilarious.
This forum is the best, just when someone knocks the ball/topic into left field. Someone else deflects it into space ?

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
I don’t much care for the guy although every now and then he does have a nugget or two in there that’s useful. Enough to follow him religiously, no. I can also see why he has some of the opinions he does. I don’t think there’s been one customer car he’s featured that hasn’t been a shitbox. So makes sense that if you work on shitboxes all day it’s going to have an effect on your opinions. All three cars in my household are turbo’d and they’re awesome…but also well cared for too.

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
It's probably been asked already, but who?

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
It's probably been asked already, but who?
YouTube car guy with about 4M followers that talks about all kinds of car topics. He does use stats or anything but his experience as a business owner. People will ask him if they should buy certain makes/models/mileage cars and he provides feedback on that. He’ll feature customer cars etc. Lot of click bait to titles too.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
As they say in show biz, any publicity is good publicity, and SK got himself 3 free pages of it (and counting) on this very site. He may be running out of old-school ideas on modern machinery, and not even Joe Pesci waves him arms this much. But he has also made himself a ton of YouTube dinero in the process.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Why is a 4cyl Turbo Diesel ok, but a 4 cylinder Turbo DI gas a bad design? Scotty was trashing the 2.3 saying that a lot of people have problems in the Mustang? I get suckered in to a video of his but end up getting annoyed before its done. Its not always against a Ford, sometimes its click bate. Curious as to everyones opinion about either Scotty or DI Turbo, or just Turbo engines overall. Why are diesels considered better with a turbo! Other than compression ignition, principals are basically the same.
He's totally clueless and out there to just make money by getting hits on his site, hence all the clickbait titles.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ive watched several, I get sucked in because it looks interesting then ends up being more or less click bate! But Im also curious as to why a gas GTDI is frowned on so much! Yet a turbo Diesel is ok!
Not to be an ass but its click 'bait' as in fish bait. Trying to get you to bite
Sponsored