Discovered aftermarket wiring and accessories. What are they?

Milt0nLu

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Healthcare
While going to install a RedArc Liberty brake controller, I had to remove an aftermarket Vais satellite radio tuner kit that the previous owner installed under the dashboard. I also discovered a GPS Location Device brand: Stargard as shown in pic. And came across other unidentifiable equipment that I can’t seem to find out their uses. I uploaded photos of these. One showing an added DC volt outlet connected to a plug device with logo "V1". At this end, you are able to move the lever in 3 positions. I was unable to follow the wires without removing dashboard panels, so not sure where there are connected. And then there is a wire harness that is connected to a button. Does anyone know what these are? I suspect its all related to the GPS device or the Satellite radio. Or possibly a different brake controller? Any insight into these equipment would be greatly appreciated.
tempImagef4MUUk.png
tempImageB0geNs.png
tempImagef4MUUk.png
tempImageB0geNs.png
tempImages7SwPR.png
tempImageNTtWZc.png
tempImage0j1yEN.png
tempImages7SwPR.png
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Your dealer installed a GPS system/immobilizer in case you decide to stop making payments on your truck. I'd go back and tell them to fuck right off and remove it.

Stargard GPS

OP
OP

Milt0nLu

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT FX4
Occupation
Healthcare
Your dealer installed a GPS system/immobilizer in case you decide to stop making payments on your truck. I'd go back and tell them to fuck right off and remove it.

Stargard GPS
Is that button and V1 device part of the immobilzer? I bought the Ranger used from dealer, all cash; so I’m not sue which sale it was installed.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
That V1 device is a radar detector power supply.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
The little push button is part of a dealer installed alarm system.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I'm not entirely sure what the V1 power supply is doing. As someone else said, it may have been for a Valentine 1 radar detector. Or it was just reappropriated for the GPS. I missed in your profile that the truck was a '19. So, hard telling if the used dealer you bought it from, the previous owner, or the original dealer installed it.

Whatever the case may be, if it is still getting power, I would disconnect it at the very least and try to remove it.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
As an aircraft electrician, that wiring over and around the fuse box makes my eye twitch. Lol.
Sponsored