Difficulty seeing/finding heat/AC buttons - FIX

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Sure they are hard to find. But they aren't often used.

Auto is where it's at. Fine tune according to personal feelings at the time with the windows. Cold morning? Max Defrost. Hot afternoon? Max A/C. Nice evening? Power off and roll down the windows. Time to go back to "standard mode?" Hit the auto button.

I think I've adjusted with the + and - maybe 3 times in over a year of ownership.

Y'all are doing it wrong.
I must be doing it wrong. How are you using auto? I use auto but if I’m hot, I lower temp a couple degrees and let it adjust on auto. I still want to be able to push those buttons by feel.
Sponsored

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but in daylight I just cannot see exactly where a few of the buttons to control the heat temperature and fan speed buttons are, especially with sunglasses on. So I wanted to find a fix for it and tried adding small rubber stick-on bumper pads to each switch. For me this works. I can easily feel each pad and allows me to make adjustments without taking my eyes off the road. We'll see how long they hold and if they fall off I'll find some way to keep them in place. I got them off Amazon.
IMG_3486 (1).JPG
Remembering this thread, I actually added the nubs a few months ago on the key buttons I use most while driving, especially the Auto Stop button. Cheap and simple solution that works well preventing the search for the right spot ;). Whichever you use most...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Remembering this thread, I actually added the nubs a few months ago on the key buttons I use most while driving, especially the Auto Stop button. Cheap and simple solution that works well preventing the search for the right spot ;). Whichever you use most...
I use voice controls or the touch screen. The buttons are useless unless it's at night and they're lit up and even then I tend to hit the wrong ones.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on daylight! I see them fine at night but they don't backlight with only daytime running lights. I bought a cheap 6 inch goose neck usb extension and a tiny red usb led to point at them but it wouldn't stay in place, thought about a small light colored label with a red and blue dot for temp and similar for fan just haven't done it yet. Shame there isn't a Forscan option to force those background lights on w/ daytime lights

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I must be doing it wrong. How are you using auto? I use auto but if I’m hot, I lower temp a couple degrees and let it adjust on auto. I still want to be able to push those buttons by feel.
Set it and forget it. Just like the thermostat at home?

RonG

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer

Cmmc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I agree that we can’t find the temp buttons either day or night. This was the first dumb thing I saw in the truck. No tactile feedback searching for the switch. Have to look down and it’s still hard to see/feel.
thought about the rubber nubs. Will try them. Has Ford changed the temp switches since 2019? Thanks
Sponsored