First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Gov
New member here. Usually I can find any info I need on here but joined to ask a question I cant find the answer to. I also made the mistake of letting the CV joint disconnect when installing coilovers. A mechanic is putting it back together but I got rid of the old clamps before taking note of the size and the bands are all I need to get it finished. Instead of waiting months for a whole Ford boot kit can one of you guys please tell me the number associated with the outer/larger bands on the driver side boots? I know the small bands are Orieker 98. My truck has been out for almost two weeks over just simple bands that cost 5 bucks. I have a 2021 FX4.
Sponsored

mgrmax

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
I am also interested

tcour

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Hitman
Similar situation, currently limping by with a metal zip tie... definitely not ideal.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
When I did my drive shaft joint I got this kit which has long ones you can cut. Alpha Rider For Auto/ATV CV Joint Axle Boot Clamp Pliers Tool with 20 Crimp Bands -Ear Type Extension For Most Cars https://a.co/d/hf6BTVU

OP
OP

Jmnson

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I just ordered a kit like that to try. The Ford boot kit is on its way also so Im going to try the Amazon kit to get my truck back and maybe swap when the boot kit comes in. Ill probably put the new bands on eventually because Id rather have OE bands. Either way Ill post on here what those bands are and the size.

mgrmax

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
I grabbed the kit from Amazon that Bsthroop suggested. Installed the boot clamp and it seems pretty solid. Trial and error on the first clamp. When you are crimping the band, push the “teeth” into the band or they will not grab the holes.
Sponsored