Key "Icon" in cup holder - What does it mean?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Did they still provide owner's manuals in 2021? It may be more like - "Turn on your iPad,/Computer/tablet, navigate to the Ford Website/FordPass App, Log in, go to your vehicle, locate the owneres manual, search for the word 'key', scroll until you find a picture of your cupholder with the key emblem..."
I'm pretty sure its required, sync 4 vehicles have the owners manual in the infotainment system and honestly its super convenient and easy but I am pretty sure you have to have it physically available in some form

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
damn man I am seriously jealous. I got all that but not the cool case
I'm pretty sure its required, sync 4 vehicles have the owners manual in the infotainment system and honestly its super convenient and easy but I am pretty sure you have to have it physically available in some form
. it is not required. we bought our 23 Edge 3 days after the Ranger. Owners manual is in the infotainment system and no paper copy provided

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
. it is not required. we bought our 23 Edge 3 days after the Ranger. Owners manual is in the infotainment system and no paper copy provided
Mine all came enclosed in a (Great Value) Brand -Ziplock Bag (2022 Ranger) thankfully for Ebay and a few clicks it now resides in the proper Ford canvas case.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Mine all came enclosed in a (Great Value) Brand -Ziplock Bag (2022 Ranger) thankfully for Ebay and a few clicks it now resides in the proper Ford canvas case.
hrmmm may have to give that a shot

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
All is well until the infotainment center has a problem.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
true. and this was my first thought as well
If that happens you can get it off the internet. I just checked.
I have a paper copy for both my vehicles but almost always just look at the bookmarked one on the PC.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Truth be told, the manual sucks. I'd rather have it than not, but I've searched for info in there and I basically had to read it front to back because there were no supporting key works listed in the index, glossary, etc. I know it's not just me, too, because others have complained about how craptastic the manual is.

One trick is to download the .pdf of the manual, and then you can do a search. Much better way to find stuff.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Truth be told, the manual sucks. I'd rather have it than not, but I've searched for info in there and I basically had to read it front to back because there were no supporting key works listed in the index, glossary, etc. I know it's not just me, too, because others have complained about how craptastic the manual is.

One trick is to download the .pdf of the manual, and then you can do a search. Much better way to find stuff.
That's sadly become the norm across the board, and definitely isn't limited to Ford. Companies don't want to spend the time to put together a well-curated and thought-out resource anymore, instead preferring to throw everything (including the proverbial kitchen sink) onto the website or pdf and leaving the customer to rely on a search function for which they may or may not guess the proper keywords.
Sponsored