Key "Icon" in cup holder - What does it mean?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
It is for if your battery in the fob dies, the truck can still read it and know it is you. You set the key next to the icon and the push button start will work.

An owners manual official will be by soon to give you a yellow card.... :)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance but I was cleaning the truck yesterday and notice a key icon in the cup holder, what does that mean?
Open up your glove box, dust off the owners manual you never read and crack it open you'll find the answers to that and just about any other question you may have in there. Also it is for if your key battery dies you can set it there and the truck will still read it and let you start and use the truck.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Excuse my ignorance but I was cleaning the truck yesterday and notice a key icon in the cup holder, what does that mean?
Congrat
It is for if your battery in the fob dies, the truck can still read it and know it is you. You set the key next to the icon and the push button start will work.

An owners manual official will be by soon to give you a yellow card.... :)
or a Post Patrol reprimand as this has been asked before ?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
It's a Thursday.....
Gets better over the weekend as the beer starts to flow !!!
it stops flowing? ?

edit: reminds me I need to check on the Moose Drool clone in the fermenter

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Open up your glove box, dust off the owners manual you never read and crack it open you'll find the answers to that and just about any other question you may have in there. Also it is for if your key battery dies you can set it there and the truck will still read it and let you start and use the truck.
Did they still provide owner's manuals in 2021? It may be more like - "Turn on your iPad,/Computer/tablet, navigate to the Ford Website/FordPass App, Log in, go to your vehicle, locate the owneres manual, search for the word 'key', scroll until you find a picture of your cupholder with the key emblem..."

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
OR... https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_10_2020.pdf
then you don't have to exert yourself.
Like with a tailgate that is un-dampened.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Did they still provide owner's manuals in 2021? It may be more like - "Turn on your iPad,/Computer/tablet, navigate to the Ford Website/FordPass App, Log in, go to your vehicle, locate the owneres manual, search for the word 'key', scroll until you find a picture of your cupholder with the key emblem..."
I got a complete set in my 2021.....manual, start guide, tire pamphlet, warranty, ect, in a nice ballistic nylon case.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I got a complete set in my 2021.....manual, start guide, tire pamphlet, warranty, ect, in a nice ballistic nylon case.
I feel like I was short changed... mine came in a zip lock baggy... not nylon case.

Thats it... Lemon law!!!!
Sponsored