Considering a SuperCab, Anybody Regret Buying a SuperCab?

lex1125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
nuthin'
Just a few observations...
Bought a scab cause it is what I wanted...no need for a rear seat, but did need the space.
It is very easy to remove the rear seats...bases pop off and seat backs just pull off when you remove the upper bolt holding it on.
Yeah, without the seat backs it is noisy...lot of road noise.
Yes, the rear seat delete parts (2 parts, the back panel and the upper trim piece) are available and run around $300...I know cause I just got mine.
The rear seat delete panel is heavily padded and once installed is even quieter than with the seat backs installed.
Space is now used for a box type platform I made for our two dogs and their dog seats.
For us, the rear opening suicide doors are a big plus as it's easier to load our dogs into their seats.

And, NO REGRETS !!!

IMG_20210816_102331711.jpg

IMG_20210817_094528928.jpg

IMG_20210819_193434821.jpg

IMG_20210819_193503884.jpg
This is agreat setup and exaclty what I want to do with my SCab as well. just curious, I don't see what those 'rear seat' delete parts did for you or how they make the truck quiter. are these pictures taken before you got the kit? thanks for posting this, very helpful!
Sponsored

lex1125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
nuthin'
HaHa !!!! Our real kids are grown with kids of their own, out loved grandkids.
BUT...our 4 legged "kids" ask nothing of us other than treats, belly rubs, and a warm place to curl up next to you at night. They don't drink, use weird substances, spend hours texting or playing computer games.
We give them love, and it's returned X 10.
So yeah, there's something definitely wrong with us. :like:

Oh...no regrets on buying the Scab.
I could not agree more!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
This is agreat setup and exaclty what I want to do with my SCab as well. just curious, I don't see what those 'rear seat' delete parts did for you or how they make the truck quiter. are these pictures taken before you got the kit? thanks for posting this, very helpful!
Pic was taken while seat delete parts were on order. Parts/back panel has been installed for awhile now, and it's just as quiet as when the seats were in. There's an insulated/sound deadening material attached to the panel.
Actually still waiting on the top plastic trim piece that attaches just below the window. On back order till around Nov.
Panel is simply a molded thin plastic panel that matches the rest of the interior trim.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
This is my third Scab, and I will admit after a couple of months I wanted to trade it in for a Screw. I wasn't using the six foot bed like did in the past. After doing the rear seat delete thing, lots of trips to the dump and helping my B.I.L with his crap, I love my six foot bed!
1634337082833.png

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I had a tacoma.. 2008 I think it was... that was the same configuration and I hated that in order to get to the back seat area I had to open the full door to access the latch for the 1/2 door... That alone was always a pain for loading anything in the back seat... so 4 doors is the only way for me.
That was my reason for my choice as well. I was originally going to get a SuperCab and then I drove one. Hated that suicide rear door and the need to open the full door to access. If I wanted that, I would have preferred that they offer an Extended Cab instead.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I wanted a SCAB, 6 foot bed, I mean, is that not the reason for buying a pickup, the bed?
If I would have a young family a SCREW would be better but our kids have flown.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
The Scab get's neglected in the Ranger trucks. Yes, I understand Ford sells a lot less of them. Is it so hard to put the Tremor equipment on it. At least the suspension and tires. It would make it so much easier if I did not have to modify the Scab. Plus I would not have to voiding the warranty.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The Scab get's neglected in the Ranger trucks. Yes, I understand Ford sells a lot less of them. Is it so hard to put the Tremor equipment on it. At least the suspension and tires. It would make it so much easier if I did not have to modify the Scab. Plus I would not have to voiding the warranty.
I would've preferred a Tremor Scab as well.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I would've preferred a Tremor Scab as well.
I built a XLT Scab today and a XLT Tremor Screw. It was like a 10K to 12K Cnd difference. 301A to a 501A. You would not get the powered leather seats and B&O sound system and Tech package and a few other goodies. If you built the suspension yourself and add a couple more things the Tremor did not have you would come close to that mark. If a shop does the work it would not be a savings.
Although the Tremor does have its limitations to go further with it. The Tremor as it is would work for me, then I would not have to put all the work and time into the Scab. If Ford offered the suspension and wheels from the Tremor I would be happy with that on the Scab.

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
I vote SuperCrew, with all my gear back there, I barely have room for groceries. In my case, I use the back seat a lot more than I use the bed. I think if the bed was more of a priority on my end, I would have gone with a full size truck.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Doc, I luv the lowered stance on yours. Everything is in proportion....no gaping wheel well spaces.
Looks good.....:like:
Thanks, a lot of work and wait for parts..the 3 link suspension is the bomb…It’s like driving the wife’s mustang
Regards
Sponsored