First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yesterday at the park I happened to park opposite another ranger. Mine has been leveled with a 2.5" Rough Country kit. Wheels and tires are stock. Rest of the front suspension is stock. The other truck appears to be completely stock. So, if anyone's looking for a visual comparison of the difference between stock and leveled, I snapped a few quick pictures, for the "gee whiz" file:

IMG_3645.jpg
IMG_3644.jpg
Sponsored

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Leveling kit makes it look so much better IMHO.

That grill looks great as well.

Grimlock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat / 2019 Edge ST
Vehicle Showcase
I have never been in a truck that has been leveled and lifted. Does it feel different while cornering? It looks great and bad ass btw!
The level was uninstalled when the 6" level was installed. I do not have issues cornering, it helps that I do have 20x9 +1 offset wheels though so it pushes the wheels further out in the corners.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
For the fx4 would dead level be 3" or 2.5"?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Oh crap.....now I'm thinking about buying a 2.5" kit for my Ranger that hasn't even been built yet. I just know if I keep buying stuff for the truck the wife is finally going to buck. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh crap.....now I'm thinking about buying a 2.5" kit for my Ranger that hasn't even been built yet. I just know if I keep buying stuff for the truck the wife is finally going to buck. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound. :)
You'd better just get off this site now before you end up in the hospital. ;) You know darn well that after installing the level kit that tires will be at your door and wheels shortly after that. Good luck Jim...Making the sign of the cross for you.

RIP.jpg

OP
OP
quangdog

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So forgive my ignorance, is the #1 reason for a “level” is to allow for larger wheels in the front, or is it to have a different stance appearance?
It's probably some of both for most people. For me, it was all about getting rid of the amount of rake from the factory, and increasing ground clearance / approach angle. I plan to keep the stock tire size, but I love the look of the leveled truck and the extra bit of ground clearance has come in handy on a few off road adventures.

wrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Cab XLT FX4 HPR, FZ1, KTM 500EXC, MONKEY
Vehicle Showcase
And with the 3” level lift, you did not have to change anything else on the truck and it rides the same?
I put wider wheels to accommodate bigger tires, but nothing else. As far as I can tell, it rides the same.
Sponsored