First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Mine were shipped yesterday, due tomorrow via FedEx.
Lee, you can check yours...go to their web site and to order status...enter order # and zip...
Thanks, mine too. Looks like I'll have something to do next week if it's not raining. My rivnuts to put the thumb screws in for the oil filter flap are due today.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
OK, mine came in today, and I installed them per their on-line instructions.
Everything works, BUT, the power fold feature , works on both, but is out of sync...one goes in while the other goes out.
Looked online anf followed Ford instructions to re-sync, but no-go.
Any help ???

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
20220501_151501.jpg

Mine came too! Got a busy beginning of the week, and bad weather predicted. So, it will be later in the week for mine. Look nice and well packed.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
20220501_151501.jpg

Mine came too! Got a busy beginning of the week, and bad weather predicted. So, it will be later in the week for mine. Look nice and well packed.
As I posted, got mine on, but for some reason the power fold is out of sync...one in and the other goes out.
Sent the company an e-mail, but it won't be till tomorrow for an answer.

IMG_20220501_153302572_HDR.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As I posted, got mine on, but for some reason the power fold is out of sync...one in and the other goes out.
Sent the company an e-mail, but it won't be till tomorrow for an answer.
Hope they can figure out how get them synced without you needing to send them back.

Did you need to pull the whole inside trim panel off or were you able to get the bottom bolt out with just pulling the speaker? Pulling the whole panel is a pain without breaking the arm rest trim panel.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You have to pull the panel. I have all sorts of tools and tips that will fit that torx, but there's no way to get a good purchase on it without removing the panel. Bolt is in pretty tight, and if the tool end is the slightest bit off center, your gonna strip that torx out.
Sorry.
When you get em on, the "sliding" mechanism is going to be very tight/hard to pull out, and need to be lubed...their web site has info on how to slide the covers off to lube the telescoping mechanism.

I'm going to play with the fuse for the mirrors and their orientation and see if I can get them to sync.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
You have to pull the panel. I have all sorts of tools and tips that will fit that torx, but there's no way to get a good purchase on it without removing the panel. Bolt is in pretty tight, and if the tool end is the slightest bit off center, your gonna strip that torx out.
Sorry.
When you get em on, the "sliding" mechanism is going to be very tight/hard to pull out, and need to be lubed...their web site has info on how to slide the covers off to lube the telescoping mechanism.

I'm going to play with the fuse for the mirrors and their orientation and see if I can get them to sync.
Sounds like one was clocked in the wrong position at the factory.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds like one was clocked in the wrong position at the factory.
Thats what I'm thinking.

I have tried every combination of re-orienting them manually while pulling fuse for mirrors, pulling the connectors for the mirrors, nothing works...still out of sync.
Am going to call the NY warehouse this morning.....not too upset at this point, just frustrated.

Possible I got one USA mirror and one Aussi mirror in the package....them being "down under" and opposite us might explain why one works backwards...

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry.

Ok thanks, I was hoping after pulling it to put in my windows module.?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had good back n forth e-mail with Clearview in New York. Said they have run into this just a few times. He has contacted Clearview in Australia to see if they have a fix, and if not they will send out a new set.
A bit frustrated, but glad to see they will stand behind their product.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I wonder if the wires are swapped on the motor in the mirrors. It would run backwards when it should run forward if so. You could probably flip them at the plug if so

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wonder if the wires are swapped on the motor in the mirrors. It would run backwards when it should run forward if so. You could probably flip them at the plug if so
Possible, but their brand new, under warranty. For a $1000.00 I'm going to let the company take care of it...shouldn't be my responsibility to fix.
Very good back n forth with Clearview today. Contacting the home in Australia for a possible fix, if any, if no fix than a new set.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Possible, but their brand new, under warranty. For a $1000.00 I'm going to let the company take care of it...shouldn't be my responsibility to fix.
Very good back n forth with Clearview today. Contacting the home in Australia for a possible fix, if any, if no fix than a new set.
$1000 ? Yeah they better fix it for you

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had back n forth with N.Y. and Australia and the company owner got back and said the wires controlling the fold function had probably been switched at the company there that produces the wire bundles.
That is exactly what the problem was, and a simple fix of reversing the wires took care of it. Simple to remove wires/pins and re-orient.
Works perfectly now, all is right with my world !!!
Sponsored