First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Elec
Driving home last night and the check engine light turns on… Went to my dealer today and they said 3 weeks before they could even read the codes?…Ford pass on my phone says the engine control system has detected the exhaust gas cooler is not operating as efficiently as expected. I have had the same issue as everyone with bucking every once in awhile and have read the forum of it being related to the egr vacuum control. Just wondering if I’m doing any long term damage to keep driving my truck and the likelihood of the issue being that part. Plan on stopping by a parts store and seeing if they can run the codes.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Driving home last night and the check engine light turns on… Went to my dealer today and they said 3 weeks before they could even read the codes?…Ford pass on my phone says the engine control system has detected the exhaust gas cooler is not operating as efficiently as expected. I have had the same issue as everyone with bucking every once in awhile and have read the forum of it being related to the egr vacuum control. Just wondering if I’m doing any long term damage to keep driving my truck and the likelihood of the issue being that part. Plan on stopping by a parts store and seeing if they can run the codes.
If this occurred to my Ranger I would disco it until you get the replacement part. In yrs past this could be done without any noticeable/detrimental effects and it should be the same . You may increase emissions slightly

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
Mine went bad and started to miss .. I would get the part online and swap it out .. 15 minutes to get it done and very accessible
Sponsored