First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mech. Eng.
Side note i love the red stitching on the seats, got any more pics/info on that?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Side note i love the red stitching on the seats, got any more pics/info on that?
Glad you asked. I am about to take some more pictures of the adds I have installed in the past month since I bought her. The seat covers were on a new Jag Epace, I bought and immediately decided to sell. Having pups, I always put seat covers on my vehicles. As I was selling the Jag, I took off the seat covers and just put them aside, thinking friends or family might want them. I was looking for seat covers for the new FR, when it hit me...Try the Jag seat covers...End of story...About a perfect custom fit as one could get...front and back. When I wake up, I'll take some pics.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I have put somewhere in the "range" of 300 rounds through her, and nary no problem. I seldom have to shoot someone off the 3rd floor of an apartment building....anymore....lol so I do believe it will suffice for the 6-10' for self-defense. AND, at 6' 4" my stride is able to carry me away from just about any problem, whenever possible. It's also great that my new FR can get me out of harm's way, over hills, and through the dells with her off-road capabilities....It has also been my experience that a big mouth in a senseless verbal altercation can get you killed...or arrested.....
Striding swiftly away is always the right idea.

On the other hand, you being 6'4", I think if a numbskull is willing to stay engaged after a few strides, they probably should be considered a genuine threat. ;)

For me, I would have to drive pretty far just to find a three story apartment building and with gas being so expensive these days... :)

Last edited:

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
To each their own, I have a in vehicle safe also, but only used to store my weapon when entering a building where it is prohibited, otherwise I carry most of the time. Now, I want to know how you dial those tumblers to the correct combo without looking??? Spidy sense? or do you keep the safe unlocked while in the Truck, which I would think you do. I find it restrictive to carry while driving so I have a door holster, and I am left handed :), which works out well.
Same here. I almost never use my console vault. It's always on me. Only time I use it is if I go somewhere like a federal building, etc. where guns are not permitted. I've been in law enforcement close to 15 years now, and see time and time again people's (including other cops) guns getting stolen from their vehicle because it's not secured. I'll be damned if I arm some scumbag because I left my gat unsecured in my truck.

At least the OP has a console vault to keep his gun secured, good for him. To each their own how they prefer to carry I guess. Seeing as car-jackings are through the roof right now, where they literally surround you while stopped at a red light, my gun is always on me for quick retrieval.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if those safes are worth a darn. A few weeks back, there was a story out of Jacksonville, FL where a sports figure from Tampa, drove up to Jax for a meeting at a high end hotel. He drove a Bentley with a locking safe according to the story. Overnight, someone broke into his car and removed the entire safe. Story didn't say what it contained.......oooops!!!!!!

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Same here. I almost never use my console vault. It's always on me. Only time I use it is if I go somewhere like a federal building, etc. where guns are not permitted. I've been in law enforcement close to 15 years now, and see time and time again people's (including other cops) guns getting stolen from their vehicle because it's not secured. I'll be damned if I arm some scumbag because I left my gat unsecured in my truck.

At least the OP has a console vault to keep his gun secured, good for him. To each their own how they prefer to carry I guess. Seeing as car-jackings are through the roof right now, where they literally surround you while stopped at a red light, my gun is always on me for quick retrieval.
Vr, the vault is mainly used to keep it handy, and safe from "nosy" hands of those who might be riding in my vehicle if I stop to get gas, etc. I think the new plug-and-play alarm SHOULD be a pretty good deterrent when activated. Also, I utilize the firearm differently, depending on my location: the small town where I live, and say Miami....or Atlanta. Then I let my wife drive and I just keep a 2-handed grip, aimed out the front windshield.....a big LOL

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So just a same old alarm then. I'd rather spend the money on this. If it actually works as well as they say it's going to be much better at stopping a smash and grab than an alarm.
That’s actually a pretty good unit that is plug and play into the factory harness and setup. My son has the same unit in his F150. Has a sensitivity adjustment, window break, shock/tilt sensor and the usual door open and timed start fail. At full sensitivity it has a mind of its own for sure. The neighbors cat sets it off.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
That’s actually a pretty good unit that is plug and play into the factory harness and setup. My son has the same unit in his F150. Has a sensitivity adjustment, window break, shock/tilt sensor and the usual door open and timed start fail. At full sensitivity it has a mind of its own for sure. The neighbors cat sets it off.
It sounds like it is but I don't think alarms in general do much. People always hear them in parking lots and neighborhoods and by the time someone bothers to look a smash and grab is over.

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if those safes are worth a darn. A few weeks back, there was a story out of Jacksonville, FL where a sports figure from Tampa, drove up to Jax for a meeting at a high end hotel. He drove a Bentley with a locking safe according to the story. Overnight, someone broke into his car and removed the entire safe. Story didn't say what it contained.......oooops!!!!!!
LOL.....My post was....NOT FOR EVERYONE....I double-checked...and yep, that what I posted.....lol Same as for glass protection....I mean, one could go all the way....and hire someone to guard said vehicle 24 hours a day....ANOTHER LOL

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I would NEVER discuss on an internet forum what guns I own.....

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
LOL.....My post was....NOT FOR EVERYONE....I double-checked...and yep, that what I posted.....lol Same as for glass protection....I mean, one could go all the way....and hire someone to guard said vehicle 24 hours a day....ANOTHER LOL
No one is being critical. It looks good and all.....