First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I went with Gibson, I wanted a quieter aftermarket exhaust, it's just right, louder than stock but not to loud, zero drone.
Sponsored

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
I have the borla s type and it’s awesome. No drone too?
I just had the Borla S Type cat back exhaust today and it sounds great.......except.......it has very distinct "whistling" sound at wide open throttle......I had my mechanic adjust the clamps and retighten them. Any issues like that with yours?......It's annoying as hell and I'm thinking about taking it off and trying someone else's cat back exhaust.

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
Another vote for Borla S Type.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I went with Gibson, I wanted a quieter aftermarket exhaust, it's just right, louder than stock but not to loud, zero drone.
I listened to the exhaust notes on YouTube with my sound bar and the subwoofer bass set to 0 (the middle) and mbrp and Gibson seemed to sound identical, more close together than any other exhaust. The borla sounded like it has a nice crackle to it but I ended up going with mbrp and love it. It was a close tie between mbrp and Gibson.

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I just had the Borla S Type cat back exhaust today and it sounds great.......except.......it has very distinct "whistling" sound at wide open throttle......I had my mechanic adjust the clamps and retighten them. Any issues like that with yours?......It's annoying as hell and I'm thinking about taking it off and trying someone else's cat back exhaust.
I haven't noticed that before on mine. That is weird

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I haven't noticed that before on mine. That is weird

yeah, it is weird.....seems to always happen when I stomp on it......which is quite often given how fun this little "Raptor Ranger" is!.....I drove it again today and it's just plain annoying unless I baby it and drive "normal" without flooring it......I'm going to take it off and get something else and list it on Offer-up near me and of course take a huge hit on the cost......I'm not happy at all with the Borla at this point!

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember having a whistle when flooring it idk what it was but it doesn't happen anymore lol sorry I'm not much of help but I would get a distinct whistle are you sure it's from the catback exhaust?

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I remember having a whistle when flooring it idk what it was but it doesn't happen anymore lol sorry I'm not much of help but I would get a distinct whistle are you sure it's from the catback exhaust?

I would have noticed it before had it been there before the Cat back exhaust......I open it up and drive aggressive and WOT on a regular basis......it's hard not to with the Ford Performance Tune!....LOL

I just ordered the MBRP with the black coating/tip just now so we'll see how that works!

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have noticed it before had it been there before the Cat back exhaust......I open it up and drive aggressive and WOT on a regular basis......it's hard not to with the Ford Performance Tune!....LOL

I just ordered the MBRP with the black coating/tip just now so we'll see how that works!
The MBRP should be a little more tame, with attitude.
I remember watching a YouTube video where this guy bought a gen 1 raptor and was driving it home and it had a whistle coming from pod lights mounted by the a pillar and hood.
Hope it isn't something that the air is passing by causing a whistle that gets louder as you floor it.
And flooring it is definitely fun ?
Sponsored