Cat back suggestions

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
So I would like to get a cat back for the ranger I don't want the drone and I don't want the fart can sound just a little beefier exhaust but not obnoxious and ideas from personal use?
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
So I would like to get a cat back for the ranger I don't want the drone and I don't want the fart can sound just a little beefier exhaust but not obnoxious and ideas from personal use?
Hi Rick.

Your best bet is to peruse youtube to get an "idea" on sounds and if you search the forum, there are a handful of threads all about people's choices here.

I have the MBRP and it has done nothing but get better with use/age...no drone...mellow sound. Do recommend getting the black tip - easier to "hide" road dirt and carbon ;) YRMV

I run the Livernois tune.

OP
OP

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Hi Rick.

Your best bet is to peruse youtube to get an "idea" on sounds and if you search the forum, there are a handful of threads all about people's choices here.

I have the MBRP and it has done nothing but get better with use/age...no drone...mellow sound. Do recommend getting the black tip - easier to "hide" road dirt and carbon ;) YRMV

Hi Rick.

thank you for the reply I have the ford performance tune and will look but i was leaning toward the mbrp as I think i saw in another thread that it was a good choice.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Hi Rick.

I'll second a MBRP system. I have used them on my last three vehicles. Nothing but good things to say about them.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
I have the awe system and love it. It's one of the louder / loudest systems for the ranger but has a very nice deep tone, no rasp or crackling at all. It truly has 0 drone and is very unobtrusive in cabin.

sal33n

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio, 2016 Mustang GT

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I have the Borla and love it. Nice tone and not noticeable under normal driving conditions. When you stomp on it you notice it. Still it's a 4 cylinder and you won't get a deep tone unless it's a V6 or V8.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I could not be happier with me Borla S-Type black-tip cat-back system. Expensive as hell at $949 but that’s it’s only drawback. 0 drone. It changed the personality of the truck. Haven’t heard other systems in person on a Ranger so can't give a real comparison. I feel it’s kinda loud but not 20 yr old d:mad:k head dating-his-16-yr-old-cousin loud of ya know what I mean.

31D83376-4953-406F-8EA4-41D9ABB4E31E.jpeg

046897F9-4F86-4797-8318-DBC8D2A04E6D.jpeg

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
20210929_080807.jpg

None of the options seem bad, I went with the MBRP dual exit. Sounds great, just a little added noise. I like how it looks but mostly wanted something stainless because it will rust here.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
None of the options seem bad, I went with the MBRP dual exit. Sounds great, just a little added noise. I like how it looks but mostly wanted something stainless because it will rust here.
Nice! I love my set.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I've got a Borla exhaust for sale. Loved it til I got hit and totalled the truck. It's nearly new.