First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Highlander, 2022 Ford Ranger Supercab,
Occupation
Retired
Mine will be very similar to yours. I feel the same about the gloss wheels.

Also....does anyone have a carbonized grey with a cap? I like the look of a cap and between weekends at the beach and softball tournaments, I think I'm leaning cap....or maybe soft cover for now, cap in future.
I agree with gloss black wheels based on what Iā€™ve seen in pictures. Iā€™m waiting to form a firm opinion till my truck arrives later this month.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

boomer4d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Engineer
I'm not much of a photographer, but here's where I am now. Possible final additions might be OEM mudflaps and a tonneau cover somewhere down the line.
2021 XLT Sport 4X4.

20220313_102220.jpg

20220313_102235.jpg
I like the bug deflector, which one is it and any concerns on the tape damaging the paint after long term use?

Very nice truck!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I like the bug deflector, which one is it and any concerns on the tape damaging the paint after long term use?

Very nice truck!
It's the AVS brand, and no, I'm not all that concerned about the tape. It fits darned solid now, and considering all the paint chips my '19 Ranger picked up on the hood I figured this can't be any the worse. In fact, I can already see where it's doing what it's designed to do.
Somewhere in these threads are mentions of guys having taken these off after a few yrs and only having to clean the goo off the hood with no damage to paint.
But I put this on to stay, so there's no worry for me about what happens underneath. :)
Thanks for the compliment!

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
New on Ranger 5G. This is my 2022 Ranger STX. Bought it off the lot last month, but I'm still not sure I like the pixelated graphics - But I absolutely LOVE the truck. Impressively powerful, good gas mileage, comfortable seats and smooth ride. I like how the paint seems wet when polished, and the subdued blacked out look. These two shots show how the carbonized gray changes shades by lighting. Just wish the wheels were matte rather than gloss. No changes yet but tonneau & tailgate damper upcoming.

PXL_20220305_174109890.MP.jpg
PXL_20220305_192846141.jpg
Welcome to the STX club too! Cool to see the new graphics. Maybe not for everyone but I kinda like it.

boomer4d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Engineer
Just added some little additions to my baby; performance grill, aeroskin deflector, tailgate letter inlays.

Letter inlays look a lot better on the truck than in the picture, not sure what that's all about.

Starting to take shape.

truck1.jpg
truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg

MCMustang51

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Anyone do tailgate letter inlays?

Would love to see what they look like. I imagine black would look best.

Also maybe the front grill letters too? Chrome for that? (On the magnetic package)

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I've seen them discussed quite a bit on other threads, and am also considering them as opposed to the vinyl lettering. I think they might look good in black, or maybe even metallic gray?

boomer4d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Engineer
Anyone do tailgate letter inlays?

Would love to see what they look like. I imagine black would look best.

Also maybe the front grill letters too? Chrome for that? (On the magnetic package)
I added the Putco tailgate inlays (ordered from Stage 3). They look good in certain light but can be hard to see when the sun is right, They reflect a lot, a matte finish would probably look better.

Putco SS Tailgate lettering

For the grill I started with the TVD Vinyl decals and was not happy with the way they applied or looked so I removed those and found a really nice set of inserts on eBay. Much easier to work with, better results, and they came in a grey that was closer to the color of the truck. The letters are probably an 1/8" thick and have great definition IMO.

I'll add a picture later today

GoodSpeed USA Grill Letter ABS Plastic

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I added the Putco tailgate inlays (ordered from Stage 3). They look good in certain light but can be hard to see when the sun is right, They reflect a lot, a matte finish would probably look better.

Putco SS Tailgate lettering

For the grill I started with the TVD Vinyl decals and was not happy with the way they applied or looked so I removed those and found a really nice set of inserts on eBay. Much easier to work with, better results, and they came in a grey that was closer to the color of the truck. The letters are probably an 1/8" thick and have great definition IMO.

I'll add a picture later today

GoodSpeed USA Grill Letter ABS Plastic
Look very much forward to the pics front and rear!

boomer4d

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Engineer
Look very much forward to the pics front and rear!
Here's the front, yeah it's pollen season here and my baby needs a bath

20220401_123546.jpg

As I mentioned previously it's hard to get a good picture of the tailgate letters because they reflect. It's hard to see but if you look closely you should be able to see the grass in my yard and cement in my driveway in the tailgate letters in the picture below.

I'm seriously thinking of taking these off and seeing what GoodSpeed (where I got the grill letters) has.

20220401_123615.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yeah, I can see your point. I'm thinking of something more muted for the rear for sure.

MCMustang51

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
20220403_202602.jpg

Added matte black generic brand tailgate letter inlays from Amazon. These ones . I saw some pics of gloss black, chrome, red, blue, American flag etc and i think i made the right choice.

Pretty solid product for $15ish.

Sorry for the twilight lighted cell phone potato quality photo. I can try getting some better ones later if requested.

Mod number 3? After a Putco lower grill and some TPE floormats. Ignition ring on the way!

I'll probably get some bed tie downs for the missing middle ones (maybe make something). Also considering engine cover and head light changes. Would love Lariat headlights if the price was right (and all the tabs weren't broken lol).

Have a Forscan device, but haven tinkered with it yet. I've grown accustomed to the Sync theme, and think the Lincoln shutdown logo would drive me more crazy than the blue theming I have it set as (dark mode)

Last edited:

RudiProtrudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Mine will be very similar to yours. I feel the same about the gloss wheels.

Also....does anyone have a carbonized grey with a cap? I like the look of a cap and between weekends at the beach and softball tournaments, I think I'm leaning cap....or maybe soft cover for now, cap in future.
ā€˜21 Screw Lariat w/ black pkg and soft cover

724DC0DD-1E15-4380-9F69-A7D6AF89C04D.jpeg
Sponsored