Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
But it's not made "for Rangers."

It's a universal product designed for multiple trucks from multiple manufacturers. While the size may change the design does not.

They should use the factory tailgate as a core and put the factory skin on each one they sell if customers wants to keep their factory styling.

Universal tailgate for those of us who are more function over form, and factory skin for those who want both.
Agree...if it was "universal" then they should've left the outer surface smooth and blank...those features and ribs are just bad design and clash with one another...
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Agree...if it was "universal" then they should've left the outer surface smooth and blank...those features and ribs are just bad design and clash with one another...
I yield to your expertise on that one.

To me, it's a tailgate, it works well, and looks good enough. As long as it was paint matched I'd use it if I needed one.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
If I didn’t already have a 3/4 ton 8’ bed truck, I’d probably buy one. I do use the Ranger as a truck, but try not to abuse it when I have a heavier duty truck for heavier work.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is very cool and useful for us short 5" and 6" Ranger bed guys (and ladies). But damn, it's cost prohibitively expensive!

The fully loaded version for our trucks that features a color matched outer skin, the two cameras (one functions as normal and one acts as a reverse camera when the tailgate is down) and functionality off the trucks locking system rings in at $2654.00. ?
I'll pass on this one, but I am glad that aftermarket companies are working on tailgate options. Thanks for posting this!

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm always picking up 10 and 12 foot boards. One time a 16 foot gate, thing was like a giant wing off the back of my Ranger. I could use this.

My question is, how much could I get for my stock tailgate if I sold it? I wouldn't be surprised if I could make most of my money back.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
End result is the same

45A05DC9-87D1-4C92-BF24-7E60A19ADC64.gif
At least it automatically raises and closes the tailgate. Now they just have to work out the few remaining bugs so that it will allow the load to climb into the bed, and not punch you in the mouth...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is very cool and useful for us short 5" and 6" Ranger bed guys (and ladies). But damn, it's cost prohibitively expensive!

The fully loaded version for our trucks that features a color matched outer skin, the two cameras (one functions as normal and one acts as a reverse camera when the tailgate is down) and functionality off the trucks locking system rings in at $2654.00. ?
Again, this product is not for me, but maybe these aftermarket products will encourage Ford to get a little more creative with stock tailgates and OEM options for our trucks...

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I'm always picking up 10 and 12 foot boards. One time a 16 foot gate, thing was like a giant wing off the back of my Ranger. I could use this.

My question is, how much could I get for my stock tailgate if I sold it? I wouldn't be surprised if I could make most of my money back.
The price/value would double if you include the damper!?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
functional and ugly, sounds like the perfect wife, does the dishes and laundry and too ugly to cheat on you.:LOL:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
only thing that interests me about this product is the backup cam that works when the tailgate is down. certainly there's a way to make that work with an OEM tailgate.
Sponsored