Bridgestone vs Hankook?

Cali_Ranger

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
I'm seeing Dueler A/T's on people's trucks that appear to have significantly different tread patterns. What's going on here?

Is that just the difference between Revo 2 and 3 or is there more? I'll have to have a look at what I have on mine but so far I like them. (only tested in snow)
Bridgestone make a variety of "Dueler" tires. For example, my Ranger has Dueler H/T's while other Rangers come with the Dueler A/T RHS. The A/T RHS is the Ford OEM spec all-terrain tire while the Dueler A/T Revo 3 is a much more aggressive A/T tire.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Bridgestone make a variety of "Dueler" tires. For example, my Ranger has Dueler H/T's while other Rangers come with the Dueler A/T RHS. The A/T RHS is the Ford OEM spec all-terrain tire while the Dueler A/T Revo 3 is a much more aggressive A/T tire.
This is true of Hankook as well. Many of our Rangers, including my 2019 FX4 Lariat, came with the Dynapro ATM, but Hankook now makes a Dynapro AT 2, which it naturally claims is improved in all respects. I am happy with the OEM Dynapro ATM but wonder if the AT 2 is worse, the same, or actually better? I would appreciate any input from members more experienced or knowledgeable about tires than I am....

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
So I'm looking to upgrade my Ranger XLT from the silver alloy wheels with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires to the charcoal wheels with Hankook Dynapro ATMs.

I have no knowledge about tires; will one of these ride significantly nicer than the other? Will the change be an upgrade, downgrade, or just stay similar in ride quality?
My FX4 rides on the ATM'S, my RWD the HT's.

ATM's are a bit noisier at speed, but along with FX shocks, ride better than the HT's.

No complaints on either.

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My 2017 F150 came with Hankook. Was not happy but I left them on. At 27000 miles with more than 50% tread left, while towing our travel trailer, the left rear blew out causing the truck and trailer to flip over resulting in a total loss of both. Two things I learned having never had a blowout in 55 years of driving, I was right to never buy off brand cheap tires and I will never buy another vehicle with them. My Ranger came with Bridgestones.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Anyone else notice that the hankook atms throw rocks horrible
Tread design has a lot to do with it.
I noticed less when I switched to Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3's.

FA169E10-66E7-4266-A7CB-FC12BA2EBE45.jpeg

2D8A45F6-F2D4-439F-BC61-D856A910BCBB.jpeg

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
Tread design has a lot to do with it.
I noticed less when I switched to Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3's.

FA169E10-66E7-4266-A7CB-FC12BA2EBE45.jpeg

2D8A45F6-F2D4-439F-BC61-D856A910BCBB.jpeg
They are horrible sounds like a mechine gun every time a leave my driveway or pass a gravel driveway or for some reason on a bridge on highway

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
They are horrible sounds like a mechine gun every time a leave my driveway or pass a gravel driveway or for some reason on a bridge on highway
Not on a truck but the first set of summer tires I ran on my car, thought it was going to be an issue. Purchased from tire rack on new wheels so installed in driveway (gravel) and when backing out first time they picked up so many racks. I knew they were a softer compound but this was going to be bad. Then I remember the issue was when new tire stickers removed the adhesive left behind was picking up rocks the first time backing out. After this no issue. :).

11E9B3BC-AAB6-48CD-81A0-CC09DA1F7104.jpeg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else notice that the hankook atms throw rocks horrible
I do notice that they seem to attract tiny pebbles that lodge between the treads. I take some of those out every day when I check my tires. I am probably missing some of them, which is a concern.

dreamst8

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Consulting
My truck came with 16" Bridgestone Dueler H/T.

Probably the worst tire I've ever had on any car, lasted all of 1200 miles before I replaced them.

The ones you guys have on look MUCH more robust, and would think those would handle better.

They are garbage tires...a shame to put them on as stock..useless..

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
They are garbage tires...a shame to put them on as stock..useless..
I do agree that the Bridgestone tires from the factory do suck. I now have the Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 and it it was better than the RH-S. If you are looking at off road then that would be something to consider!!
Sponsored