First Name
Allen58
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Typesetter
I need a brake controller for my trailer brakes. Has anyone heard of or have experience with the CURT ECHO C51180 brake controller?
Sponsored

Silver Surfer

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I need a brake controller for my trailer brakes. Has anyone heard of or have experience with the CURT ECHO C51180 brake controller?
I just used one for the first time. It worked as advertised with no issues. I didn't notice any interference while receiving phone calls and listening to music through Android auto. Just make sure the trailer is hooked up and detected by the Ranger with the ignition on.

I haven't messed with the max output or sensitivity yet but hope to on tomorrow's trip.

OP
OP

Fat Stax`

First Name
Allen58
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Typesetter
Have you had issues with water/debris from the road affecting the function of this controller? (fouled up connections from the grime). How long have you had the CURT ECHO? What will you be pulling on your trip? Thanks for the reply. Let me know how everything goes on your trip. Take care Wade...be safe.

Silver Surfer

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I've only had the Curt Echo for a little over a week on a couple trips towing a 23' Lance 1985 . No issues with water/debris and I can't see that being an issue once you see how it connects together. I'm happy with it overall and was able to pair it with both Android and Apple phones without a hiccup.

OP
OP

Fat Stax`

First Name
Allen58
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Typesetter
I've only had the Curt Echo for a little over a week on a couple trips towing a 23' Lance 1985 . No issues with water/debris and I can't see that being an issue once you see how it connects together. I'm happy with it overall and was able to pair it with both Android and Apple phones without a hiccup.
I received the CURT echo trailer brake controller. In order to plug it into my 7-way connector on my Ranger, I have to turn it upside down. Did you have to do this Wade?

Silver Surfer

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I received the CURT echo trailer brake controller. In order to plug it into my 7-way connector on my Ranger, I have to turn it upside down. Did you have to do this Wade?
Yep, makes it harder to see the light but works just the same.