Blur license plate?

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just never believed the hype I suppose, creepy lol.
That's just a very little bit of the info. I could reveal. Go to a site called familytreenow.com and put your info into a search. People will know your mom, dad, aunts uncles, brothers sisters, phone numbers, email in a lot of cases.

So let me tell you how turds are using the information by telling you just one case I worked where an old man was victim of a $13000 fraud/theft. Old man gets a phone call from a Puerto Rico phone number (caller ID even said that). He answers and a guy identifies himself as a Mexico Police Officer and says "Your grandson, Stephen, is in jail in Mexico and needs $7500 to get out". Being up in years and not knowing much about scams, but knows Mexico jail is bad, he wires the money Western Union as instructed. Gets another phone call from a different Puerto Rican number, but this time the guy says "I need $5500 more money to free Stephen's passport and pay for attorney fees to release him to the US embassy". The elderly individual, somewhat concerned, asked if Stephens mother has been contacted at which point they say her name, which they were able to get off either a familytreenow.com type site or his Facebook page. BTW, Stephen posted photos of his Mexico trip on Facebook, told his entire family he was going, but had already returned from Mexico the day prior and was safe and sound in his own home. Unfortunately scams like this happen daily and elderly people are targeted the most, but all it took for him to realize his mistake was a direct phone call to Stephen before driving to send $13K via Western Union.

BTW, local authorities can't investigate this and feds won't touch something so minimal. These criminals are making easy money. Anytime I get the extended warranty calls or someone just authorized $299 on your amazon or apple account I answer it and have all sorts of fun with those pieces of shit!

Moral to the story, BLUR YOUR PLATES!
Sponsored

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
What’s better? Blurring or using a photo editor (like one on my phone, not Photoshop) to black out the plate with the pen tool or whatever

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What’s better? Blurring or using a photo editor (like one on my phone, not Photoshop) to black out the plate with the pen tool or whatever
HI Steve,

I am documenting all unblured or not crossed out license plates and crossrefrencing to Dave's damper installation Rangers. Those undampered folks that did not blur or cross out their license plate, we know who you are and where you live. Sleep well....ha ha....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
HI Steve,

I am documenting all unblured or not crossed out license plates and crossrefrencing to Dave's damper installation Rangers. Those undampered folks that did not blur or cross out their license plate, we know who you are and where you live. Sleep well....ha ha....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Will we Have to register our tailgate dampers? Or turn them over In a damper buy back program?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Will we Have to register our tailgate dampers? Or turn them over In a damper buy back program?
Hi Andrew,

Can't answer...this is Dave's department....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Nomad88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized you er from Norway. Do you guys have anything like theft to worry about there? There are some places in the States we still dont lock doors. That is becoming rare though. If I live outside the cities, I dont worry about it to much. But as you say, better safe than sorry.
Trust me we are getting more imigrants for every day that arent really law abiding citizens.
But that is mostly around big cities, but out on the country side its usually safe.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase