Sponsored

Blizzard-Ice Storm January 23-26, 2026

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
OMG! I can't believe the naiveite of people thinking that ordering a diet soda is a good alternative. My God, just drink water, you fool!
I like beer, and will admit a lot of my hydration comes from the water in beer. It's a crutch. But I will not drink sugary or diet soda. And throughout the day, until it is time to relax with a beer, it's water. Filtered water. Fluoride filtered, county water. Tastes damn good too!
Yeah so many people are addicted to sugar and just look at the obesity rate here now. The 80's were all about being healthy (remember Olivia Newton "Let's Get Physical" 😍) and being in shape.God what happened?

I was never a big beer drinker but will have some occasionally. I like to drink bourbon and we'll have a glass of red wine a few nights a week. Once summer comes I'll make a pitcher of unsweetened ice tea to have something different than just plain water.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Yup! And another one saying if you are on this depression med, and are still having issues, then you need to add this one.
And the side effects are suicidal thoughts. Just what someone on anti-depressants need. :facepalm:
 

woodworker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
888
Reaction score
4,287
Location
virginia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of drug ads I'm sure you've seen the ones for TD (Tardive Dyskyinesia) they're on almost every darn channel. This is a disease/side effect (they even say right in the ad!) that's caused from taking another mental health meds. Now they have another drug called Caplyta to "help" with the side effects from the first drug you took. o_O I mean you can't make this stuff up yet people line up to take this crap and then have to take another pill to stave off the effects of all the others. 🤦‍♂️

Big Pharma has their hands in everyone's back pocket from the politicians, CDC, FDA, and all the grants and studies are backed by them. Talk about the wolf guarding the hen house!! 🤬
Exactly what I was talking about.
 

Ranger Mel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mel
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
552
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Post Falls, Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4 Tow Package
Occupation
RETIRED (as of 6/11/25) Sports Med, Health and PE Teacher
We would need a bigger freezer for that. A good size deer all processed and boneless takes up about 2 liquor bottle boxes. If I get two deer, it's pushing our freezer with all the other crap the wife puts in it.
Our quarter takes up about two-three milk crates. We do have a 6 foot chest freezer, though.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Stay safe driving, y'all. Even though he didn't get much from this storm, this happened in @DukeCanBuildit's neck of the woods:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/kitchener/ar...pened-after-first-vehicle-went-over-the-side/

The snowbank has built up so much on the side of the ramp that it looks like a banked racing curve, although that allegedly wasn't a significant factor:

1769566234545-ac.webp
People go way too fast on that flyover all the time. I’ve decided to use it as an extension of my toboggan run. That’s me working on the bermed corner.
 


LaBalbe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
13,801
Location
Ontario / part-time NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
People go way too fast on that flyover all the time. I’ve decided to use it as an extension of my toboggan run. That’s me working on the bermed corner.
At least this time you've reinforced the sides with concrete, so run-away teenagers don't go tearing holes through the track.
 

Cmar

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
5,521
Location
Australia
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Aren't they an imported pest in Florida? Good time to round up and dispose of them. Wish we had a freeze like that to get rid of the cane toads. Nah, even that probably wouldn't kill them. Those things are unkillable. The Ranger doesn't do a bad job though on a wet night on the road. 2.400Kg of truck and LT radials work nicely. Crack!
 
Last edited:

Cmar

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
5,521
Location
Australia
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Occupation
Medical Scientist
People go way too fast on that flyover all the time. I’ve decided to use it as an extension of my toboggan run. That’s me working on the bermed corner.
Ha Ha, there used to be one like that on a freeway exit on my way home from university, I used to ride my motorbike at insane speeds around the inside, just under the rail - such fun!
 

woodworker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
888
Reaction score
4,287
Location
virginia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Retired
OMG! I can't believe the naiveite of people thinking that ordering a diet soda is a good alternative. My God, just drink water, you fool!
I like beer, and will admit a lot of my hydration comes from the water in beer. It's a crutch. But I will not drink sugary or diet soda. And throughout the day, until it is time to relax with a beer, it's water. Filtered water. Fluoride filtered, county water. Tastes damn good too!
My urologist told me years ago, when I was having severe kidney stone issues, that one or two beers a day are good to help reduce the formation of the stones. I said “got that covered doc”.
 

woodworker

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joel
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
888
Reaction score
4,287
Location
virginia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Retired
That's all we drink and have no soda or anything else in the house. Annie will make green tea in the winter and we both drink at least 1 gallon a day. I laugh when I hear people ordering a diet soda when they're stuffing their face with fast food. Diet anything is worse than regular because all those sweeteners are poison!
I use to drink Diet Coke till I started reading up on what makes it “diet”. Those of us that did partake of the liquid poison fell right into their evil plan to make us more sick.
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,742
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I always listen to the side effects and in most cases, those are worse than the original issue.
About a year and a half ago my wife was given a new antibiotic for a UTI. 6 weeks later she wound up in the hospital for over a month and almost died with liver numbers over 10k. The drug side effect attacked her immune system causing autoimmune Hepatitis along with pancreatitus. She has been on prednisone since and recently wound up back in the hospital a couple weeks after her flu shot doctors recommended last fall with another serious spike in liver numbers. The side effects of these drugs can be fatal and will screw up the rest of your life but with overuse of things like antibiotics when we were younger new drugs must be developed for even simple infections. My flu shot got me a ride in an ambulance to the ER last fall but that's another story.
 

Cmar

Well-Known Member
First Name
Cam
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
5,521
Location
Australia
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I use to drink Diet Coke till I started reading up on what makes it “diet”. Those of us that did partake of the liquid poison fell right into their evil plan to make us more sick.
Both my sons drink it and I keep saying, "so you're happy to take part in the world's largest uncontrolled medical trial" Sugar for all it's evils, has been with us and part of our diet for many thousands of years.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,589
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
About a year and a half ago my wife was given a new antibiotic for a UTI. 6 weeks later she wound up in the hospital for over a month and almost died with liver numbers over 10k. The drug side effect attacked her immune system causing autoimmune Hepatitis along with pancreatitus. She has been on prednisone since and recently wound up back in the hospital a couple weeks after her flu shot doctors recommended last fall with another serious spike in liver numbers. The side effects of these drugs can be fatal and will screw up the rest of your life but with overuse of things like antibiotics when we were younger new drugs must be developed for even simple infections. My flu shot got me a ride in an ambulance to the ER last fall but that's another story.
I haven't gotten a flu shot in years. Bugs the crap out of my wife. I am lucky my doctor doesn't push it on me. Heck, I have gotten through two really minor colds while everyone at work kept taking off sick.
Sponsored

 
 








Top