Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
KJRR - Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try adjusting the length of
Now, if the aftermarket could produce some good, secure trailer mirrors for the Ranger.
I also tried several of the star on mirrors, all failed. Best I've found is the Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Areo 3 mirrors. They clamp on to the top of the Rangers mirrors securely. A little vibration but not bad and they stay put. Available on Amazon, I'd send a link but doesn't work on my tablet.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
No listing for a Ranger yet but these are interesting. Maybe send them the latest Ranger sales figures? Heck they are based in Australia.
https://www.clearviewmirrorsusa.com
There are some like these available for the ROW Rangers. Problem is you loose Blind Spot and Power Fold. Also wiring is not plug and play. Someone on here did order some and they did physically fit. Just had issues with wiring.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
It's a bit disappointing that documentation make it seem as if the entire length of the trailer should be covered, but it makes sense that a trailer can simply block the sensors. I think the issue is that it could work for longer trailers depending on the style of trailer. A long flatbed trailer for example, would probably have its entire length covered, while an RV trailer would block the sensors. Wish it was more clear in the writing somewhere.

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
It's a bit disappointing that documentation make it seem as if the entire length of the trailer should be covered, but it makes sense that a trailer can simply block the sensors. I think the issue is that it could work for longer trailers depending on the style of trailer. A long flatbed trailer for example, would probably have its entire length covered, while an RV trailer would block the sensors. Wish it was more clear in the writing somewhere.
I also tow a motorcycle on a flatbed trailer. The sensors work fine with that but, as you mentioned, it's a flat, open trailer unlike a big box travel trailer. Clearly that makes a difference.

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
I have an 18.5 ft that's 8' wide and it seems to work fine. I wonder if it has to do with the spacing between the truck and trailer box? Mine has a fairly long tongue and the E2 hitch puts the ball about a foot back from the bumper.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Now that I'm thinking of it - I've noticed that my blindspot detection works differently on each side of my trailer.

On the right side it works as-expected. If a vehicle gets anywhere near the trailer on that side, the light turns on.

On the left side it works as described by OP. The vehicle has to be a lot closer to the front of the trailer before it lights up.

I thought maybe it could be that the arms for the awning that are adding a few extra inches to the trailer's width on the left side.. but the awning is on the right side. Weird.
Sponsored

Last edited: