Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
mine do not look like decals
So decided to try out the Rust-oleum peel coat on the fender vents to get rid of the silver xlt

after applying the 2nd coat i noticed the letters started wrinkling in a weird way. So. Figured through on a good 3rd coat and then peel it off after drying and start over no biggy

apparently the peeling was the silver factory finish coming off and when i removed the peel coat the factory finish was gone

so good news is i wanted black letters and i got them. Bad news is no going back.

Not sure if any one with plastidip has had the same issue but glad i didnt try this on any other surfaces

B4DB97C1-2FE4-440B-8E36-39E1014E3AFB.jpeg

EC6E00DC-F745-4CD4-906D-67F44EC2926B.jpeg
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...fender-vents…or-more-of-an-fyi-i-guess.16407/
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I bought the dip your car spray and did my side vents. There is a pic of them in here somewhere. They initially came out great but I went with many, very thin coats and after many carwashes the rubber finish is coming off in several spots. I did not use a plastic prep spray or scuff before applying the rubber spray. I think that might help it stay put better. I'm going to remove mine and respray soon. I think if I had to do it over again I would just find the right black matte paint and go that route.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/blacked-out-fender-vents.9386/page-2#post-210495

Thanks Sid.... ;)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Honestly, I bought the dip your car spray and did my side vents. There is a pic of them in here somewhere. They initially came out great but I went with many, very thin coats and after many carwashes the rubber finish is coming off in several spots. I did not use a plastic prep spray or scuff before applying the rubber spray. I think that might help it stay put better. I'm going to remove mine and respray soon. I think if I had to do it over again I would just find the right black matte paint and go that route.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/blacked-out-fender-vents.9386/page-2#post-210495

Thanks Sid.... ;)
I have the same stuff, Hyperdip, sitting my garage. Going to do the lower silver bar on the grill when it gets back from the dealer. You think it just needs a good cleaning and some scuff up to last? How did your respray go? I got the kit with the predrip spray.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
Hi Andrew,

We are going to put together a kit but for now they can be ordered individually here
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-decal-stripe-kb3z6320001ba
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-decal-stripe-kb3z9920000ba

I will PM you a code you can use.
- Benny
Benny
Do they have these with STX on the vent ?
I popped the driver vent off to get a number : KB3B16G001 BC5YZ9
and the pass side is : KB3B 16G000 BC5YZ9

Last edited:

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Benny
Do they have these with STX on the vent ?
I popped the driver vent off to get a number : KB3B16G001 BC5YZ9
and the pass side is : KB3B 16G000 BC5YZ9
Hi Walt,

Yes but these have STX in silver correct? If thats what your looking for they can be found here

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...te-kb3z16720bb?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...te-kb3z16720ba?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

1658343926128.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Benny
Do they have them in blackout ?
Hi Walt,
I could not find any vehicles that have them in Black. If you come across any please forward me the VIN and I will specify the part numbers it uses. The dealer catalog is also only showing the silver trim ones at this time.

- Benny

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hi Walt,
I could not find any vehicles that have them in Black. If you come across any please forward me the VIN and I will specify the part numbers it uses. The dealer catalog is also only showing the silver trim ones at this time.

- Benny
I have a 21 XLT with black appearance package. I can send you my VIN if it will help.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Normally, I am all for de-badging a vehicle. I may be in the minority, but I really like what ford did with the emblems on the side. I think they look really good... sporty.. tough... clean lines... etc. I am keeping mine. But respect for swapping if that your thing...

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same stuff, Hyperdip, sitting my garage. Going to do the lower silver bar on the grill when it gets back from the dealer. You think it just needs a good cleaning and some scuff up to last? How did your respray go? I got the kit with the predrip spray.
I ditched the hyperdip for a good matte black spray paint.....it's holding up much better with the paint......just make sure you put on LOTS of light coats.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
Thank you Bob but we are looking for the STX specific ones at this time.

- Benny
Benny
Can you put a package deal together for the silver ones ? I will end up painting them body color and matte black with a matte clear coat.

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Benny
Can you put a package deal together for the silver ones ? I will end up painting them body color and matte black with a matte clear coat.
Hi Walt,
The pricing would be as listed in the links but I will send you a code you can use.

Thanks,
- Benny
Sponsored