Bilstein

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have a 2019 Ranger.
If I install Bilstein 5100 all the way around...will it raise the truck?
From what I understand the install on the rear is fairly easy. The install in the front is much more technical and requires a front end alignment. Is there any thing else I'm missing. I really don't want the Ranger to not fit the garage.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Ranger.
If I install Bilstein 5100 all the way around...will it raise the truck?
From what I understand the install on the rear is fairly easy. The install in the front is much more technical and requires a front end alignment. Is there any thing else I'm missing. I really don't want the Ranger to not fit the garage.
I just did mine last week. Rears are super easy. Especially if you have access to a lift. The fronts require more work, springs come out and you'll need a spring compressor. Loosen or remove the axle nut and push the bolt back through a bit so you don't separate the cv joint. If you plan to replace /upgrade your upper control arms nows the time so you don't have to disassemble twice.

Buddy of mine owns his own shop so I paid him to do the fronts while I did the rears.

I have a 6.5 foot tall door and mine fits , I have the Craven speed stubby antenna. I did a 2.2 inch total front lift and went from 4 inch to 3.5 inch clearance with the antenna and whale tail.

Last edited:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
In the next month I plan on new wheels and bigger tires which should raise the truck just over an inch. If I still have plenty of space I will add the other inch to the level lift, it goes under the shock so alot less tear down and I can do it at home.
Sponsored