Better than an F150?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
This is something a first time buyer would watch, or someone trying to justify their purchase of a Ranger over the F-150. The one and only reason I chose my Ranger over the Potential F-150 was overall size, if my driveway could fit 2 full size trucks side by side I'd have never got a Ranger?‍♂
Even though the Ranger is really too big to start with, thanks to EPA rules.... It really is full sized and then some.
Heck, my 1992 Ranger was as big and had more power and payload than a 1956 F100 (fullsized truck)
Still, the solid build quality of the Ranger matches the F150 which means it surpasses its competition by a country mile.
Sponsored

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Can't compare a '50s truck to a '90s truck thats 40 years of "improved" technology. Rangers before were compact, now they're mid-size, of course it would be close to the size of a "full-size short bed single cab"

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't compare a '50s truck to a '90s truck that's 40 years of "improved" technology. Rangers before were compact, now they're mid-size, of course it would be close to the size of a "full-size short bed single cab"
Can if I want, of course! :giggle:
I was talking about size not tech.
Too big is too big, no matter what you call it.
In some ways the Ranger should have been called an F100, but there was just too much Ranger name loyalty for that.
Maybe the New Maverick should have inherited the name.
Its not really Ford's fault, The Ranger is the size it is because of Government Bureaucratic Interference.
Still a fantastic truck in spite of it.
They don't take your freedom by force... when they can take it by continually narrowing your choices.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All depends on what an owner needs out of their truck.
And what compromises he is willing to make ...
I like the SuperCab enough to tolerate too much wheelbase.
I like the truck well enough to tolerate the 4WD stance. ( no actual 2WD available)
I still have to contemplate the difficulty of getting in and out of the truck each time, and must tolerate the extra foot of wheelbase at every turn.

My Ranger is absolutely as large as my "needs" will tolerate and yet still the best choice on the market.

One more upsize in American trucks and they will have to go "One Way" on all the side streets.
What next is what worries me. This is obviously the Chevy version...

Last edited:

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I owned a 1993 f150 with an 8 foot bed and later a 2003 f150 with a 6 foot bed and the older one was easier to park because I could see more of the hood.
I like both of them more than this Ranger though. Sorry guys.
Sponsored