• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

BEST BOV for ranger

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
i think id trust the dude who tunes for a living and has a built s2k over another....

but hey thats just me lol
When it has already been proven by other members on here about the drivability problems just running the 50/50 split blow off valve you would be mistaken. Simple as that.
Sponsored

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what drivability problems have been reported, but there is not specific tuning for a BOV or BPV. In fact, the fact that it's already speed density is generally the 'fix' to running a BOV, compared to a MAF car (which generally just means rich instances after letting off the throttle while in boost... Pops and bangs). Now, if a BOV or BPV has too much preload, that will cause drivability issues, but that just means the spring pressure needs adjusted, which is common adjustment for a BOV/BPV, across the board... and is a physical adjustment to the valve itself. Given that the complaints here are probably coming from people who have not idea what's going on in the system, the information provided might not be valuable.

I can go through map to see if there is any limiters in place that might be looking for something. Most of my time in the Ranger map has been on the transmission side and wasn't planning out changing out the OEM BPV as I am a recirculation type of guy.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't know what drivability problems have been reported, but there is not specific tuning for a BOV or BPV. In fact, the fact that it's already speed density is generally the 'fix' to running a BOV, compared to a MAF car (which generally just means rich instances after letting off the throttle while in boost... Pops and bangs). Now, if a BOV or BPV has too much preload, that will cause drivability issues, but that just means the spring pressure needs adjusted, which is common adjustment for a BOV/BPV, across the board... and is a physical adjustment to the valve itself. Given that the complaints here are probably coming from people who have not idea what's going on in the system, the information provided might not be valuable.

I can go through map to see if there is any limiters in place that might be looking for something. Most of my time in the Ranger map has been on the transmission side and wasn't planning out changing out the OEM BPV as I am a recirculation type of guy.
If a vehicle is set from the factory with a recirculation type valve then it is simply best to keep it that way. Both you and myself understand why. If the aftermarket replacement is simply a strnger than OEM(wich TurboSmart has) then i will agree that no adjustments should be needed. If going to a 50/50 recirculation/vent or full ventilation to atmosphere then the computer will need adjustments to compensate and not freak out.

As for the problems reported it simply came down to the transmission shifting rough with the 50/50 valve. Those that did experience it went back to the OEM recirculation valve and had no problems after that.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On a MAF car, I would be more likely to agree, since it vents metered air. Even with that, when I tune a MAF car that has a BOV swapped on, I just let them know they'll get some pops out the exhaust on shifts (they generally like that). For an SD engine, it really doesn't matter in that regard as the MAP sensor behind the throttle body will see what the pressure and temp is and make its calculation there (no freaking out).

The vented air, in a recirc setup, doesn't go directly back into the motor, so that specifically won't change much (other than being a hotter air charge). Having gone through the transmission map quite a bit recently, there are some things that might not be met, but it still comes down the how the air is being vented, in that it may not be venting enough or quickly enough, which could play into the transmission tuning, but that still comes down to a specific valve and it needing adjusted. "Stronger" could be an issue, if that delays the valve opening, or does not vent enough, which will eventually backup into the engine, throwing off torque values, causing shifting issues.

That said, the difference between BOV and BPV, there isn't any specific tuning, provided they operate similarly.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
When it has already been proven by other members on here about the drivability problems just running the 50/50 split blow off valve you would be mistaken. Simple as that.
i know about that portion from the civic si side of things but its not going to change how the trans shifts thats just odd... on the si side of things its known to damage the engine not make the trans shift odd (even thou it is a manual)

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i know about that portion from the civic si side of things but its not going to change how the trans shifts thats just odd... on the si side of things its known to damage the engine not make the trans shift odd (even thou it is a manual)
Don't forget, the Ranger has a 10 spewed that is its own animal

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the cheapest option on the market, Boomba BOV adapter, for nearly 2 years. Have not had any problems. I did not get it because of tuning (but I have been running 93+ tune for about 2 years as well). This is one of those small guilty pleasure items were I just like the sound. I don't go out of my way to trigger it, but I love it when it does go off, like after cresting a hill.

I am so cheap I found a clearance Boomba adapter for a 2.3L Mustang for $60 because they were charging $90 at the time for the "all new" Ranger model adapter. I am sure there is some height dimensional differences, but we are talking in millimeters so I said screw it. Went right on no problem.

The Boomba is 100% vent to atmosphere.

From my various discussions on here I am lead to believe the Boomba comes off as louder than the TS. I can clearly hear mine even at low RPMs even in residential neighbors as long as boost is present. Some TS owners report only hearing theirs after a WOT scenario.
Sponsored