• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

BEST BOV for ranger

serp

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, was looking at getting an aftermarket blow off valve and was wondering which everyone thinks the best is. right now I’ve seen mixed reviews between the go fast bits and turbo smart. Thanks
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I use a Tial bov on my motorcycle. Made in USA and high quality.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you are stock the the factory one is just fine. If you are tuned then TurboSmart(made in Australia) is the way to go.

Be aware that there are two types available for the Ranger. Full recirculation and 50/50 vent and recirculation. Between the two you will have better drivability with a full recirculation type(helps reduce lag and others on here have had some extra hard shifting with a 50/50). Best to keep it full recirculation

OP
OP
serp

serp

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
If you are stock the the factory one is just fine. If you are tuned then TurboSmart(made in Australia) is the way to go.

Be aware that there are two types available for the Ranger. Full recirculation and 50/50 vent and recirculation. Between the two you will have better drivability with a full recirculation type(helps reduce lag and others on here have had some extra hard shifting with a 50/50). Best to keep it full recirculation
Thanks so much for your response helped me out a lot!

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Website
pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Social Media Community Ambassador @ Panda Motorworks
Hey everyone, was looking at getting an aftermarket blow off valve and was wondering which everyone thinks the best is. right now I’ve seen mixed reviews between the go fast bits and turbo smart. Thanks
We have a few different options on our site. The most popular being the Turbosmart KOMPACT EM BOV, which is currently 10% off. You can also use the code "Ranger5" at checkout to save another 5%!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I got a Turbosmart BOV on mine. I sold 3 on here as well. They are all the atmosphere venting type. Very well made. One of them was minus the 2 O-ring gaskets when I opened the box. Called the US distributor and they mailed out new ones that day. So great customer service too. Definitely a difference between factory unit and the Turbosmart unit.

AZ_Tremor

First Name
Angelito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Field engineer
I got a Turbosmart BOV on mine. I sold 3 on here as well. They are all the atmosphere venting type. Very well made. One of them was minus the 2 O-ring gaskets when I opened the box. Called the US distributor and they mailed out new ones that day. So great customer service too. Definitely a difference between factory unit and the Turbosmart unit.
I just started researching BOV for the tremor and saw the Turbosmart BOV.
How’s it working out on your rig?
any downfalls to installing this?
(I thought I read that it reduces the life of the turbo)
Does the car need to be tuned?
Is it truly just a plug and play?
Any pics of the install?

thanks in advance for any info you can provide..

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
I just started researching BOV for the tremor and saw the Turbosmart BOV.
How’s it working out on your rig?
any downfalls to installing this?
(I thought I read that it reduces the life of the turbo)
Does the car need to be tuned?
Is it truly just a plug and play?
Any pics of the install?

thanks in advance for any info you can provide..
The instructions say one thing but the way the bolt pattern is on the Turbosmart it only fits on one way. So power wire is in same place as factory.

Works great, way more responsive and less lag if you get off and back on quick.

Never heard it reduces life of turbo. The whole idea is venting back pressure when not needed in boost.

I am not tuned

Yup, plug and play.

It’s dark out now so picture tomorrow

AZ_Tremor

First Name
Angelito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field engineer
The instructions say one thing but the way the bolt pattern is on the Turbosmart it only fits on one way. So power wire is in same place as factory.

Works great, way more responsive and less lag if you get off and back on quick.

Never heard it reduces life of turbo. The whole idea is venting back pressure when not needed in boost.

I am not tuned

Yup, plug and play.

It’s dark out now so picture tomorrow
which model did you get?
thanks again

AZ_Tremor

First Name
Angelito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field engineer
Assuming your all out of them? ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Assuming your all out of them? ?
Yup sold them all to folks on here all but the one I kept for myself.

Check EBay, they pop up there all the time. Just be patient and you can get a good deal for yourself

Larevo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rander FX4
Occupation
Knifemaker
Installed one yesterday, probably the easiest bolt on upgrade you can do. Haven't noticed any improvement in performance but, I am already running a 93 octane tune.

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
$18 DIY BOV.
1)Remove tour factory hose & clamps
2) Install rubber end cap on intake.
3) Install flared hose on factory BOV and secure with factory clamps.
4) Reflect on the fact that you did not needlessly spend $250 on an aftermarket piece
5) Enjoy Pishshshst! Sound as you back off the throttle around your Colorado and Takoma friends..

20221215_172224.jpg
Sponsored