Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of going with one.
Bedrug videos on installations show just two longish velcro strips on the floor area near the wheel wells.
Yet, pushing a heavy object on the Bedrug does not cause the rug to move or bunch up. Hard to believe.
What say you Bedrug owners?
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I have never owned a Bed Rug but have installed a bunch of them. All of the Bed Rugs I installed included 2 long velcro strips for the bottom, and a bunch of pieces of velcro for the sides/front/tailgate. Once it is in, it doesn't move. They really are nice.

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Bedrug videos on installations show just two longish velcro strips on the floor area near the wheel wells.
Yet, pushing a heavy object on the Bedrug does not cause the rug to move or bunch up. Hard to believe.
I put in a Bedrug XLT which covers all the way up to the top of the tailgate over my Line-X'd bed and initially had the same concern since with spray-in lines it installs with adhesive promoter under the 3M velcro strips. I think maybe because of how precisely cut it is to fit the bed but I can confirm it's real solid and doesn't really move at all. Hauled a bunch of kegs the other weekend and it did fine tossing them in there and sliding them around the bed. It's my first truck with a bedrug and I love it. Got one for my pops for his birthday this month!

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine installed for about a week - the classic with full sides & tailgate. Granted I've also got a Tonneau so the top is kind of bolted to the sides also, but regardless that thing isn't going anywhere.

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine installed for about a week - the classic with full sides & tailgate. Granted I've also got a Tonneau so the top is kind of bolted to the sides also, but regardless that thing isn't going anywhere.
Thanks.
My BedRug will be installed on Monday. Full bed.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think its possible to install with a tonneau cover installed?
Yes, I think so. You could either cut notches in the bedrug to fit around the tonneau's mounting points or unbolt the tonneau and secure the top of the bedrug underneath, similar to how I did mine.

Y2Dip84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Not impressed with BedRug. I ordered a tailgate mat for my 2020 STX on 7/25. 4 days later I still hadn’t received a shipping notification. No big deal, emailed them and they have me a shipping %. Arrived in about a week.

I went to install it and it was missing an entire row of loop fasteners and the indentation on the mat where the tailgate latches shut were off. Totally defective.

Emailed (No response) then called customer service. I was told to put the BedRug back in the box where it would be picked up a week later (still waiting for FedEx) and “inspected by engineers” until a new one would be shipped.

Uh, hello? I bought a product that was defective and wouldn’t you think to just ship me a working one ASAP? Poor customer service. I usually am not one to complain but it’s this is just basic customer service 101. I’ll be asking for a refund and going elsewhere.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
I've had 2 in 2 different trucks.

The first was in my 2011 Ranger with a Softopper on it. I liked it because if you're up in there moving stuff around, it's a lot easier on my old knees. The bed always looked halfway decent even when it really wasn't. While it protects from scratches, be aware that sand underneath will scratch your bed, and the zippers holding the sections of Bedrug together will scratch your bed. It was easy enough to clean. I used one of those sunjoe electric pressure washers in a fan pattern and just pressure washed it out. If you're OCD, be aware that the Bedrug will stain. I don't remember what I spilled, but it stained I couldn't get it out (not that I really tried, just spent a little extra time when I was pressure washing).

I had all kinds of stuff in the bed. Washer, dryer, furniture etc. Probably the heaviest single item I hauled was a Hobart Champion gas powered welder/generator. I think about 500#. Didn't notice bunching up when loading or unloading. To be fair, I did use those sliders furniture moving disks if I thought I might rip the Bedrug.

Anyway, I liked it well enough that I bought one for my 2020 Ranger.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it said BEDBUG QUESTION.

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT F+4
Heard about Bedrug from a friend so was going to go with spray in but liked the idea of a more soft and grippy not hard and slick.
slide a boat in and out of the bed and it hasn’t moved.
pretty slick product.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I've had full BedRugs installed in almost every truck I've owned. The Ranger is no exception. Never had a problem with any of them and I'm one of those weird people that actually unzips mine, takes it out and washes it from time to time to keep it clean for camping.

_nc_ohc=_909hOb8YcAAX9FAk_r&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg
Sponsored