First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
I like the price on the DD but the only thing is that I got used to the nice yellow of the Squadrons and love it. The DD seem a bit more on the warmer side/more amber than Squadrons? Not sure if its just the cameras/youtube.

Stage3 has an install video, while not the easiest, didn't seem too hard. Trying to visualize the crash bar in place at least.

There are some good comparison videos on YouTube that DD does on the subject of spread, colors, etc. I like that the videos are informative and objective without being biased. Coming from the car scene I went with DD since, like you with BD, I was used to their products. I found the Stage 3 video almost useless since they had already removed much of the inner wheel well. Heck, also accessing it from the bottom, I didn’t remove the bracket they did.

Sponsored

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
There are some good comparison videos on YouTube that DD does on the subject of spread, colors, etc. I like that the videos are informative and objective without being biased. Coming from the car scene I went with DD since, like you with BD, I was used to their products. I found the Stage 3 video almost useless since they had already removed much of the inner wheel well. Heck, also accessing it from the bottom, I didn’t remove the bracket they did.

That was a good video, I saw it some time ago for the DD comparison. We all have our preferences. I would take any of these lights over nothing while in the desert at night but I just prefer BD.

On a side note, someone on here mentioned they were able to get their crashbars out without removing the bumper. He commented that it took a lot of creative movements and such. I was just curious if I partially loosen some of the bumper bolts, if that would do the trick as well.

I do not plan on going larger on tires anytime soon. My debate is that I tow a lot and at best, I might go up one size from the Tremor 31.5" or whatever it is to a true 32.5" for the sake of having a real 32" tire lol. I would like to do 33" but the towing aspect makes me want to refrain from that.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
That was a good video, I saw it some time ago for the DD comparison. We all have our preferences. I would take any of these lights over nothing while in the desert at night but I just prefer BD.

On a side note, someone on here mentioned they were able to get their crashbars out without removing the bumper. He commented that it took a lot of creative movements and such. I was just curious if I partially loosen some of the bumper bolts, if that would do the trick as well.

I do not plan on going larger on tires anytime soon. My debate is that I tow a lot and at best, I might go up one size from the Tremor 31.5" or whatever it is to a true 32.5" for the sake of having a real 32" tire lol. I would like to do 33" but the towing aspect makes me want to refrain from that.
Absolutely. For off-road and desert running, BD has the reputation.

Yep, you have to loosen the bumper to pull it far enough out to slide the crash bars out. The attached will help you with that effort.

I have 32" tires and at a width of 11.5", there is just a slight rub on the rear felt at full turn. Nothing that isn't easily fixed.

Attachments

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I like the price on the DD but the only thing is that I got used to the nice yellow of the Squadrons and love it. The DD seem a bit more on the warmer side/more amber than Squadrons? Not sure if its just the cameras/youtube.

Stage3 has an install video, while not the easiest, didn't seem too hard. Trying to visualize the crash bar in place at least.

As mentioned by Joyride that video is kind of useless for those of us with crashbars and plastics in place. And as he stated, the loosening of the bumper to allow enough play to remove them seems to be the way to go.

I try not to be a fanboi of manufacturers but I am in love with Baja Designs. Great products that last, made in the USA, great customer service, what's not to like?

Their color spectrum steered me their way when I bought lights for my FiST. But their reputation off road sealed the deal since it was more of a rally type build.

If I were to ever try another brand it'll be Diode Dynamics, though. IMHO you can't go wrong with either. The toolbox company makes shit lights in my experience though.

Yeah, the only way their video was helpful to me was to verify the Ranger used the same bracket and plug as my FiST.
Sponsored