First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Had to leave my 4 week old baby home alone this week. In Branson MO. Soooo, rented a Ford Escape, and two items.
It has a USB C and a USB B charger in the center console, and it’ “rental car” Sync/Car Play does the same thing my Range does. When using goggle maps, it does not show a blue line tracking path.
I stopped trying to use Google an car play on my Ranger, just around town driving, because of this, and then kind of forgot about it.
This rental doesn’t have built in Maps, so it has to be Sync/Car Play, right?
Anyone else notice this?
Waze works perfectly? Oh, and Waze found my Timeshare lobby. Google took me to a arbitrary corner in the complex.
Anyone one else disappointed that we didn’t get USB C?
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
for some reason i remember something about being plugged into the car vs. not and on bluetoothe. can you use andriod auto ?

OP
OP
P-38Ranger

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
for some reason i remember something about being plugged into the car vs. not and on bluetoothe. can you use andriod auto ?
Thank I didn’t think of using android.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Had to leave my 4 week old baby home alone this week. In Branson MO. Soooo, rented a Ford Escape, and two items.
It has a USB C and a USB B charger in the center console, and it’ “rental car” Sync/Car Play does the same thing my Range does. When using goggle maps, it does not show a blue line tracking path.
I stopped trying to use Google an car play on my Ranger, just around town driving, because of this, and then kind of forgot about it.
This rental doesn’t have built in Maps, so it has to be Sync/Car Play, right?
Anyone else notice this?
Waze works perfectly? Oh, and Waze found my Timeshare lobby. Google took me to a arbitrary corner in the complex.
Anyone one else disappointed that we didn’t get USB C?
I’m not sure USB C was a big deal in 2019 when I got my Ranger. Three years is like a lifetime in tech terms. Ford should be keeping up.

I think you just found your next Interior Mod - post pics and instructions Mike. :D

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have my truck set to switch to Android Auto when I plug in. I have no issues with any of the Android based nav apps being fully functional, including Maps, Waze, Gaia, and onXmaps. The only thing I don't love is if I switch to the Ford screen so I can control audio, the home screen doesn't display the map like it does for the native nav app. Otherwise it's been fine - knock on wood.

OP
OP
P-38Ranger

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Son hooked up his Android. Sorry, phone doesn’t match security. Plugged my iPhone, Google Maps now had a blue line. Can’t wait to try it at home. . . .
Sponsored