ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to share this quick mod... cargo net, M6 eyelet rings and caribeaners from Amazon.

20200424_161155.jpg

20200423_212025.jpg

20200423_211920.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

You did it yourself? I know that Leer offers a ceiling cargo net option from factory which uses the butt ends of the roof track bolts. I had considered getting that when I ordered my topper, but once I realized it wouldn't be that hard to add myself and that I could get a set of tracks, towers, and bars for cheaper than Leer was charging, I abandoned that option. I have plans to do a similar setup once all my mounting hardware shows up.

My plan is to "glue" some mounts to the ceiling (not use the track bolts which I don't have yet) and hang a net from them. I'll only put it on the left/drivers half of the roof so I can easily access it through my drivers side windoor on the topper. And I already have a cargo net the perfect size. We'll see how it works. I don't plan on putting heavy stuff up there, and the tension strength of the adhesive I chose should be high enough to support some maps, hats, and sweatshirt or two.

Deleted member 1634

You did it yourself? I know that Leer offers a ceiling cargo net option from factory which uses the butt ends of the roof track bolts. I had considered getting that when I ordered my topper, but once I realized it wouldn't be that hard to add myself and that I could get a set of tracks, towers, and bars for cheaper than Leer was charging, I abandoned that option. I have plans to do a similar setup once all my mounting hardware shows up.

My plan is to "glue" some mounts to the ceiling (not use the track bolts which I don't have yet) and hang a net from them. I'll only put it on the left/drivers half of the roof so I can easily access it through my drivers side windoor on the topper. And I already have a cargo net the perfect size. We'll see how it works. I don't plan on putting heavy stuff up there, and the tension strength of the adhesive I chose should be high enough to support some maps, hats, and sweatshirt or two.
All my parts finally arrived and I was able to find time to get it done. I bonded 8 anchors onto the ceiling of my topper using JB Weld plastic bonder.

IMG_20200509_111856467_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200509_111913267.jpg

Let it sit for a few hours since it was relatively chilly out (~45deg). Then attached an elastic cargo net I'd been using other places and fit perfectly for my idea here.

IMG_20200509_134720418.jpg

I'll wait until tomorrow to put things up there, let it cure for a bit longer just in case. Beauty of it is it can be accessed from the back or from the driver's side windoor.

IMG_20200509_134740001_HDR.jpg
Sponsored