Anyone use the Ford Bed Cargo Net?

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
New Ranger owner here. I am thinking of purchasing the Bed Cargo Net offered from Ford Accessories.

Part No: KB3Z-99550A66-A
https://accessories.ford.com/bed-products/cargo-products/net-asy-load-fixing-12137.html

The website says it “Requires Bed Standard Interface Plate and Bed Cleats.” I called a dealer parts department and they said they didn’t have a bed standard interface plate in the system for a 2019 Ranger, only for an F-150. They were baffled why the website had this info on it. They said I should be able to use the factory stock tie downs that are already installed in the bed. Nothing else should be needed.

Anyone have this bed cargo net for the 2019 Ranger and can confirm it doesn’t need any extra hardware to attach it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't tried it, no.

I have an old generic elastic cargo net from a roof rack that fits the bed when stretched. They are dirt cheap on Amazon

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
By the look of the pictures it seems that it just attaches to the factory tie downs.

toddyfunk

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor, Tech 501a, Tow
Occupation
IT Management
New Ranger owner here. I am thinking of purchasing the Bed Cargo Net offered from Ford Accessories.

https://accessories.ford.com/bed-products/cargo-products/net-asy-load-fixing-12137.html

The website says it “Requires Bed Standard Interface Plate and Bed Cleats.” I called a dealer parts department and they said they didn’t have a bed standard interface plate in the system for a 2019 Ranger, only for an F-150. They were baffled why the website had this info on it. They said I should be able to use the factory stock tie downs that are already installed in the bed. Nothing else should be needed.

Anyone have this bed cargo net for the 2019 Ranger and can confirm it doesn’t need any extra hardware to attach it?
I bought a similar one off of amazon and it just clips to the in bed tie downs...

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I just purchased one at Harbor Freight cheap. Needed one in kind of a hurry. All though the netting grids are larger I only want it to hold light bulky items occasionally. I took a rope tied it to one factory tie down then looped through all the rest back to the first. This lets me hook the net to the rope any place I want.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Not sure why you need bed nets...but ii it is for wind-resistance reduction for fuel economy, you are sadly mistaken. I have tested in the wind tunnel on F Series and Rangers with tailgate up and tailgate removed...The aero horsepower was degraded by the tailgate removed. Air flow is not intuitive... If you really wish to affect the air that tumbles off the cab...put a 6" wide strip at the back over the tailgate...you will get a aero hp gain...

We did this on on our Desert racing teams with good results which including another $5 dollars of duct tape. We knew we had success when the drivers of the top class Trophy (Trick) Trucks resulted with the drives complaining that their helmets were being sucked off their heads at 140mph on the dry lake beds...something they had never experienced before in the race trucks...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
if anyone parked a truck loaded like that in my neck of the woods, even for 10 minutes, you'd find it barren and empty in no time. thieves love pickups full of items like that.
Motorcycle and generator had a kryptonite cable with a good lock just in case. They can have the water and little compressor lol where do you live?

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ford cargo net and use it with my 5ft. bed Ranger. It uses 4 clips to lock all corners down. What ever you want to secure goes under the net which has an adjustable cinch on it to get it reasonable tight.

For me, it was well worth the price for something less than $50 that can keep a wide range of items stable in the bed. When not in use, it folds up and can be stored under the rear seat.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I purchased the cargo net from Ford, for me it attaches to all the existing tie downs. I wish it had a bit more elasticity as its mostly hard rope, i would probably get one on Amazon if i had the option again.
Sponsored