First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
What title says, Racechip or similar? looking for long term experiences... Thanks
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
No one in North America has one and this forum is geared towards the NA Ranger. Don't know if you're going to get any help with that.

OP
OP
Galion

Galion

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No one in North America has one and this forum is geared towards the NA Ranger. Don't know if you're going to get any help with that.
Yep, but there is a whole bunch of Aussie, European and Filipino friends in this Forum. Needles to say, this is a Ranger Raptor thread. Hope someone chime in ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Are there a lot of tuning companies overseas? We have several choices here from larger ones to some smaller shops.

GreyThumper

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor, a BMW R1200GS, a BMW R1150R
I've seen a ton of videos on chip installs. Hopefully someone from Oz chimes in, I'm not aware of any chip distributors in my neck of the woods.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I can tell from experience the DP Chip is one of the best out there. Plus its guaranteed, although I always take after market warranties with a grain of salt. they have really good feedback though.
You can select different set ups, plus it has a bypass so you can simply unplug the chip.
BTW you dont have to get the Plug n Go, thats just extra feature. You can make adjustments on the chip itself.

https://www.dpchip.com/vehicle-selection/ford

Last edited:

Nomad88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking forward to upgrade mine when i get home from work in Middle east.
my plan :

1. Chip / Program
2. K&N Airfilter
3. Exhaust

I have been informed that it is much better to reprogram rather than just plug in some kind of chip.
But than again if you are on warranty and something goes shit it can become tricky.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I am looking forward to upgrade mine when i get home from work in Middle east.
my plan :

1. Chip / Program
2. K&N Airfilter
3. Exhaust

I have been informed that it is much better to reprogram rather than just plug in some kind of chip.
But than again if you are on warranty and something goes shit it can become tricky.
Its always better for an actual tune, even stock can be tuned better. I went with the DP Chip bc of the feedback that people have used them for years with no issue. They keep them with in a safe perimeter and don't push beyond that. However you can get a tune with it and get every last drop out of the the engine. No one local I trust for that though. I don't remember all the values/settings you can go through. I put it on standard and forgot about it, and throw the bypass on if it goes to the dealer. If they wanted to they can still say what they want, its more for setting back to stock so they can properly diagnose other issues.

Ofcourse you know, Do NOT buy a cheap chip. Just take the hit and spend the money for a good one. I researched Chips for 4 months before I made a decision.

If the dino run was correct I went from 213 hp to 252 hp and a supposed 8-10% fuel increase on standard setting.

Last edited:

Nomad88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
If the dino run was correct I went from 213 hp to 252 hp and a supposed 8-10% fuel increase on standard setting.

WOW !
Thats pretty damn awesome.
I mean the good thing is that if my engine goes to shit, i can just unplug this thing i suppose and noone will ever know anything. Because in Norway you lose your warranty if you chip the truck.

Have you thought about changing the air filter ? And maybe replace that huge exhaust can ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
WOW !
I mean the good thing is that if my engine goes to shit, i can just unplug this thing i suppose and noone will ever know anything. Because in Norway you lose your warranty if you chip the truck.

Have you thought about changing the air filter ? And maybe replace that huge exhaust can ?
The air filter for me personally, I keep stock, bc you wont gain much of anything unless you go way over factory HP. Its dirty here, so I need all protection I can get. Maybe where you are no need to worry about it, you may have cleaner air there. The high flow filters will usually allow more dirt in, but gives you a better sound and maybe a little gain that you wont really notice.
The exhaust I just cut that big muffler off and welded flanges so I could remount if needed. I left the resonator on and everything else Stock. TBH it just a little grumble at start up and shut down, you can barley hear the turbos still. A full cat back would be better I think, for looks and sound. I wouldn't mess with the cat itself though, unless the company supplies a better option. Still have to keep them legal ofcourse.
Maybe some other people could chime in with better information.

OP
OP
Galion

Galion

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
WOW !
This assumption is wrong, there are a lot of recordings that logs various engine parameters. Your dealer will know.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
As I am in Europe I am also to hear about the Racechip install. There are tons of videos on youtube, including one from Racechip themselves about the Raptor (kind of marketing but it can be true).

I believe, whatever tuning box you are going to get, you have to make sure it connects to as many sensors as possible. There are versions that only connect to the fuel pressure, but the more advanced boxes connect to that one, timing and turbo. At least conceptually it would be a better box, not sure though if every box actually uses smartly all those values ;).

Nomad88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
This assumption is wrong, there are a lot of recordings that logs various engine parameters. Your dealer will know.
According to DPchip suplier this is not true. No recordings will be tracked using this device.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
According to DPchip suplier this is not true. No recordings will be tracked using this device.
The recording is not done by the DPChip (or any other for the matter), but by the car's ECU. The way any powerbox makes more power is to inject different values than the sensors are normally sending to the ECU, which may look abnormal, so the ECU may log them as faults. However, the dealer may not distinguish them from an honest fault, at least not from the first attempt.

What the powerbox does is to alter the values from the sensors, such that the ECU will think the engine is running in a different regime in the current maps (which stay the same, opposed to a proper remapping). So, the stock software in the ECU will try to compensate, trying to bring things back to normal, which means more fuel, boost => more power. The fact that a chip may save fuel is due to the perception of the driver, the car moves quicker and you do not push it as much anymore. But, there is no way that the same car driven hard would save fuel with a chip compared with stock. No way! But, in the end the average consumption is what really matters.
Sponsored