Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Just wondering who all we have in the Tampa Bay area and looking for recommendations on dealer service or good local shops. I just had a not so impressive visit at Veterans Ford and i dont think i'll be going back. Good news is there are about 5 or 6 dealers within 35 mins of me so i have options. I would just do it myself except my apt complex frowns on vehicle service.
-J
Just my opinion but every dealer in greater Tampa including clearwater having issues with quality control. hard to say who is attentive and customer service oriented
Sponsored

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Just wondering who all we have in the Tampa Bay area and looking for recommendations on dealer service or good local shops. I just had a not so impressive visit at Veterans Ford and i dont think i'll be going back. Good news is there are about 5 or 6 dealers within 35 mins of me so i have options. I would just do it myself except my apt complex frowns on vehicle service.
-J

Just received my second Ranger XLT from KARL FLAMMER FORD.. Hello to all of you out there

OP
OP
JaysOnTheEDGE

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Just my opinion but every dealer in greater Tampa including clearwater having issues with quality control. hard to say who is attentive and customer service oriented
Have had zero issues with Walker Ford, service advisors are awesome there, and the techs do good clean work. and you can walk the lot while you wait and no one will bother you, it's nice to be able to just browse and look without having someone standing close by.

had issues at Karl Flammer and both Ferman ford will never go back to either one for service. Flammer, I had a brake and coolant flush done on a 2012 escape, tech left fluid up to the cap openings on both reservoirs had to suck some out.

Ferman couldn't align my ranger properly after trying twice and having it a total of 3 hours, you would think it would be basic knowledge to keep the fkn steering wheel straight when you set the front but I guess it's not.

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Have had zero issues with Walker Ford, service advisors are awesome there, and the techs do good clean work. and you can walk the lot while you wait and no one will bother you, it's nice to be able to just browse and look without having someone standing close by.

had issues at Karl Flammer and both Ferman ford will never go back to either one for service. Flammer, I had a brake and coolant flush done on a 2012 escape, tech left fluid up to the cap openings on both reservoirs had to suck some out.

Ferman couldn't align my ranger properly after trying twice and having it a total of 3 hours, you would think it would be basic knowledge to keep the fkn steering wheel straight when you set the front but I guess it's not.
Yes i will say Flammer service department is pretty bad.. thanks for the info

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Lets all plan to meet one evening... All Ranger parking lot take over...
If the meet up happens it should be in a toyota dealership parking lot lol lol.. Or may be ocala national forest.. or quaker state lube in Pinellas park

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hello local Ranger owners. I'm in New Port Richey I went to Karl Flammer Ford in Tarpon Springs for many years for my 2002 Ranger Edge and enjoyed their service. I bought my 2020 Ranger from Ford of Port Richey and the jury is still out on them...
I am in Tarpon springs I bought my ranger from Karl flammer ford. Sals is great service is not.As an auto inspector I hit tons of dealers in Florida and throughout the southeast and this is a trend. It is hard to find good techs now. It is hard to find a good service provider

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Took my old Escape to Karl Flammer for a coolant and brake flush, when i got it back the coolant was up to the brim on the expansion tank as well as the brake fluid reservoir was up to the very top of the cap opening.

Will try Walker Ford again for my oil change due very soon. Ferman is closer to me but i had a bad experience with them trying to buy a Mazda so i wont be dealing with them anymore. I asked to see a CX-5 and the guy pulls around in a Jeep Renegade

I can drive 20 minutes either way on US-19 and hit 4 ford dealerships so i've got options lol
The service there is sub par at best. Sad techs are hard to find and good service writers are even harder

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
I have a good friend at Karl Flammer Ford who I deal directly with. I had an issue when I first bought my 2002 Ranger Edge and he was the only one who dealt with me to my satisfaction. We have been good friends since then and he now works at the Commercial or Fleet service center for Flammer just south of the consumer Flammer Ford. Anyone interested in getting his name and dealing with him personally PM me and I will provide his name

Publius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Ranger XLT (Forged Green FX4)
Occupation
Attorney
Hi everyone, new to the forum and just got my Ranger. Having LInex and 2" lift being done soon at Next Level. Will also be trying a self install of the LOMAX.

Down the road for service, has anyone tried Elder Ford? The Quick Lane Shop across the street did me right when I needed a tire repair for my old Cherokee.

And I would love to attend a get together. Always nice seeing how everyone sets theirs up.
Sponsored