JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Hey all,

Just wondering who all we have in the Tampa Bay area and looking for recommendations on dealer service or good local shops. I just had a not so impressive visit at Veterans Ford and i dont think i'll be going back. Good news is there are about 5 or 6 dealers within 35 mins of me so i have options. I would just do it myself except my apt complex frowns on vehicle service.
-J
Sponsored

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
Hey all,

Just wondering who all we have in the Tampa Bay area and looking for recommendations on dealer service or good local shops. I just had a not so impressive visit at Veterans Ford and i dont think i'll be going back. Good news is there are about 5 or 6 dealers within 35 mins of me so i have options. I would just do it myself except my apt complex frowns on vehicle service.
-J
I lived in Tampa for many years and currently live in Lakeland. I always had my Fords serviced at Brandon Ford and was never disappointed.

EMurphy12

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey there. I live in St. Pete. I go to Walker Ford on US19. Family owned and all around great friendly service. Autonation Ford St. Pete is filled with lazy dirt bags.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Second Brandon Ford! i actually leased my Ranger from Ford of Sarasota, but have taken it to Brandon Ford (much nearer to me) for any issues I've had.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Second Brandon Ford! i actually leased my Ranger from Ford of Sarasota, but have taken it to Brandon Ford (much nearer to me) for any issues I've had.
Got Mine at Brandon Ford... 3rd vehicle I buy there.

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
That sounds like me, I am actually going to Sarasota Ford today to sign the paperwork on my ranger but will be servicing it at Brandon Ford.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like me, I am actually going to Sarasota Ford today to sign the paperwork on my ranger but will be servicing it at Brandon Ford.
Yeah, it was actually a matter of availability last February of a Ranger that I wanted that got me to Sarasota Ford. I was waiting for one I liked to come in at Brandon Ford, but they kept telling me it was coming in a week. When one finally showed up in Sarasota, I didn't want to wait any more! Love the Grill and Theater, etc. at Sarasota Ford!

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tax CPA
Yeah, it was actually a matter of availability last February of a Ranger that I wanted that got me to Sarasota Ford. I was waiting for one I liked to come in at Brandon Ford, but they kept telling me it was coming in a week. When one finally showed up in Sarasota, I didn't want to wait any more! Love the Grill and Theater, etc. at Sarasota Ford!
Never been there but looking forward to checking out the amenities. Brandon Ford does not have one with the exact options i wanted but off course they have the best prices. Sarasota had exactly what I wanted and after a week just agreed to match Brandon's percentage discount. Put deposit down over the phone and have a 1:15 appt today to do paperwork. Leaving it there for a couple of days to get some things done to it. Looking forward to being back in a truck after many many years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaysOnTheEDGE

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will probably try Walker next time for service. its about 10 minutes from me. bought my tailgate damper from them and the Parts department was easy to work with, so i'll give them a shot.

I bought my 2002 Ranger from Brandon, was a good experience just a bit far for an oil change and rotate. I did inquire to them on a price for the Ford/Fox leveling kit installed though, waiting to hear back.

Veterans just gave me a hard time. watch the paper work they give you. the RO said 5w-20 i told them to dump it and put 5w-30. they assured me they used 5w-30 , i said why does the paper say 5w-20 the whole purpose of me coming here is for warranty documentation if the engine blows ford will say wrong oil used. they told me the techs have a separate computer that they put the VIN in and it tells them what to put in the car. the RO just has the bulk oil listed. they assured me it was 5w-30 so i just made them change the paperwork. they over inflated my tires as well back to 40 psi after i had them set at 30.

I'm down for a meet sometime

Last edited:

EMurphy12

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I will probably try Walker next time for service. its about 10 minutes from me. bought my tailgate damper from them and the Parts department was easy to work with, so i'll give them a shot.

I bought my 2002 Ranger from Brandon, was a good experience just a bit far for an oil change and rotate. I did inquire to them on a price for the Ford/Fox leveling kit installed though, waiting to hear back.

Veterans just gave me a hard time. watch the paper work they give you. the RO said 5w-20 i told them to dump it and put 5w-30. they assured me they used 5w-30 , i said why does the paper say 5w-20 the whole purpose of me coming here is for warranty documentation if the engine blows ford will say wrong oil used. they told me the techs have a separate computer that they put the VIN in and it tells them what to put in the car. the RO just has the bulk oil listed. they assured me it was 5w-30 so i just made them change the paperwork. they over inflated my tires as well back to 40 psi after i had them set at 30.

I'm down for a meet sometime
Haha no way, I bought my tailgate dampener from them too. Me and the parts man were talking about another Ranger owner ordering one too. We were probably talking about you! :like:

OP
OP
JaysOnTheEDGE

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried Walker Ford this time for an oil change and the tail light recall. Oil was spot on no missing brackets or pieces. Paperwork was correct with 5w30. They topped everything off as well. They performed the check for the taillight recall and it passed. Good experience.

I walked the lot they had a 2020 FX2 super cab with the 6ft bed. Reminded me of the EDGE package offered back in the day which I had one of.

Pgb2998

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Attorney
I’m in Bradenton. Purchased my Ranger from Brandon Ford. Probably using a local shop near my office. I won’t use AutoNation.

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
Hello local Ranger owners. I'm in New Port Richey I went to Karl Flammer Ford in Tarpon Springs for many years for my 2002 Ranger Edge and enjoyed their service. I bought my 2020 Ranger from Ford of Port Richey and the jury is still out on them...

OP
OP
JaysOnTheEDGE

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took my old Escape to Karl Flammer for a coolant and brake flush, when i got it back the coolant was up to the brim on the expansion tank as well as the brake fluid reservoir was up to the very top of the cap opening.

Will try Walker Ford again for my oil change due very soon. Ferman is closer to me but i had a bad experience with them trying to buy a Mazda so i wont be dealing with them anymore. I asked to see a CX-5 and the guy pulls around in a Jeep Renegade

I can drive 20 minutes either way on US-19 and hit 4 ford dealerships so i've got options lol
Sponsored