Anyone ever have their infotainment freeze up?

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Always have to turn truck off, open door and a restart has it working again.
I did that once at a stoplight, I'm sure I got strange looks 🤣
Sponsored

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
I use a USB drive with my music and evry once in a while the music freezes and if I take the drive out and reput it in the USB slot it begins to play again. it seems like the USB ports do not hold tight.
It did it yesterday again. I took the USB flash drive out and put it back in, I followed the instructions to turn off the truck ,open and locked the door and shut it and waiting 2 minutes before restartig and it still did not work. I parked the truck went in the house 2 hours later got in and it started to work again, played the song it was on and frozen again. got out of the truck to get my take out order came back to the truck and ... it worked fine on the way home. If it had not of happen I would call me full of it.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've never had good luck using music off a USB.

Just playing music is fine but playlists are always wonky.

I now primarily use wireless Carplay, but I also have an iPod Nano that also works very well.

What I call the Two Finger Sync Salute should be on the first page of the Ranger Owner's manual 🤪

I use to have to do the salute all the time, but it has been quite stable after the last update.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Difinitely check if you have the latest version of sync. Mine would freeze occasionally with some of the previous versions. I have had a USB drive plugged in the entire 5 years I have owned the truck and it has not been a problem. X M messes up occasionally but pretty sure thats X M and not the head unit.
Sponsored