Anyone swap their sync for aftermarket radio?

OP
OP

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Finally completed my install. I had to buy adapter to connect the usb to the factory. Biggest pain but easiest fix was the factory backup camera. Scoured internet to find nothing. Saw videos where many people had to tap into the video and then use a 12v step down. On our trucks you only need to tap the video pins 14 & 15, then ground pin 33 and voila the factory camera works.
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Finally completed my install. I had to buy adapter to connect the usb to the factory. Biggest pain but easiest fix was the factory backup camera. Scoured internet to find nothing. Saw videos where many people had to tap into the video and then use a 12v step down. On our trucks you only need to tap the video pins 14 & 15, then ground pin 33 and voila the factory camera works.
awesome..i have been working on this also. glad you figured it out. So you did not have to use the 12 volt to 6 volt step down? and also which part of the rca goes to 14 and which part goes to 15. also which usb adapter did you have to get?

OP
OP

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Pin 14 positive, 15 negative, 33 is the shield that needs grounded. No need for the 12v step down. The usb was from axxess I have part no just not at this moment.

OP
OP

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
@theanswer3 your chimes do they play thru speakers or just a buzzer? Mine just come in faintly thru buzzer. Wonder if there is a work around to put it back into the speakers.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
@theanswer3 your chimes do they play thru speakers or just a buzzer? Mine just come in faintly thru buzzer. Wonder if there is a work around to put it back into the speakers.
I switched it to the instrument cluster. you could try to do it in forscan.

OP
OP

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I switched it to the instrument cluster. you could try to do it in forscan.
I have coworker that has forscan. Once I get my led lights in I’m going to get with them. I honestly have no idea how it works.

rzlv

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Pin 14 positive, 15 negative, 33 is the shield that needs grounded. No need for the 12v step down. The usb was from axxess I have part no just not at this moment.
Did you find the part number?

waffles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Was this on the base stereo? I had the one with the tiny screen. Just hooked up after market and stereo works fine. I was gonna forget about the backup cam til I read this. Also, how do you know which pins are which numbers?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Was this on the base stereo? I had the one with the tiny screen. Just hooked up after market and stereo works fine. I was gonna forget about the backup cam til I read this. Also, how do you know which pins are which numbers?
Yes. I had the tiny screen radio. It took alot of effort from some peeps in here to figure out the pins. However now we have found an actual harness that works. I will have to find it for you.

waffles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Yes. I had the tiny screen radio. It took alot of effort from some peeps in here to figure out the pins. However now we have found an actual harness that works. I will have to find it for you.
I think I found the harness. This post mentions it and I found it even cheaper on Amazon. Thank you!

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ync-lite-display-300a.5597/page-4#post-207724

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0881YFJYX?psc=1&smid=A1737BUG3HBKXO&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
Sponsored