Any Tremor owners with Ford Performance tune?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Hi guys seeing if anyone has the Tremor package that includes the K02s (265/70R17) and a Ford Performance tune. If you do...could you tell me what comes up for your tire sizing on the Pro Cal?

I just had one of the performance packs installed yesterday....Fox kit, Raptor wheels/KO2tires and FP tune. Trying to get my speedo calibrated and I still seem to be off.

The Pro Cal read my unchanged stock settings with the Hankooks (265/60/18) as pictured below. Thanks in advance!

20220624_134946.jpg
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Tremor comes with Grabber ATX tires fyi.

Check your tire manufacturers website for the revs per mile and enter it in.

Then go on a drive and use a GPS speedometer app to see your MPH different with the speedo.

The correct way is to reset the trip count and use GPS for distance, then tweak till they are matched, but I prefer my speedo to be accurate.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Tire rack has the specs for revolutions per mile. For the oem general atx that comes on tremor it would be 657.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&partnum=67TR7GRATX

KO2 in the size is 657 as well.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=67SR7KO2
Perfect and you might need to add or subtract revs per mile based on your road test. Because of wheel width, pressure and vehicle weight.

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Ah ok on the Grabbers....it thought the Tremor used the same tires as the performance packs.

Yep did that with a GPS app on my phone. It was kind of a pain....freeway steady at 60 or 70, some local road driving at 20-40mph . Get off go thru the changes and flash the PCM.

Looks like that calculator I used is way off from the value 657 Tire Rack suggested. It had me at 638....no wonder I was having so much trouble and incremental adjustments did jack. I was using Tiresize.com

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I found that it was on the money with the revs per mile it came with. I did the tire calculator and it was off by a couple mph from multiple GPS sources. Once I adjusted it I found myself back at the original revs per mile in the ProCal that it came with. I thought it was weird, but that’s what happen.

2021 Tremor
Stock wheels and Tires

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @SkyLord. So you found the stock 657 right on the money? I'll have to start at that and test again.

SkyLord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Yeah, it was exactly what the ProCal came with. Hope that helps. Best of luck, it’s a great tune.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Seems like a simple equation to me. TireRack lists that tire at 31.6 inches diameter. That's a circumference of 99.25 inches. A mile is 63,360 inches. That tire should revolve ROUGHLY 638 times per mile. Not sure where TireRack gets 657 from, but that'd be worth a shot too.

That should be a good start point. Compare with a GPS speed and adjust from there to dial it in.

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@D Fresh yep 638 was my starting point and was compared using a GPS. I made small incremental changes. The process was just tedious....on and off the freeway...so figured I'd ask others. Seems like the magic number is going to be around 657.

Appreciate your feedback and everyone's knowledge sharing.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
@D Fresh yep 638 was my starting point and was compared using a GPS. I made small incremental changes. The process was just tedious....on and off the freeway...so figured I'd ask others. Seems like the magic number is going to be around 657.

Appreciate your feedback and everyone's knowledge sharing.
yeah, its tedious if you have to have it exact. After I adjusted mine, the Speedo is 1 mph fast and I’m ok with that.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like a simple equation to me. TireRack lists that tire at 31.6 inches diameter. That's a circumference of 99.25 inches. A mile is 63,360 inches. That tire should revolve ROUGHLY 638 times per mile. Not sure where TireRack gets 657 from, but that'd be worth a shot too.

That should be a good start point. Compare with a GPS speed and adjust from there to dial it in.
Calculating does not account for the tire defection do to the weight of the truck. The effective radius you are rolling down the road on is less than one half the nominal diameter. This is why the tire manufactuers list more revolutions per mile than what you calculate from the advertised diameter. I would speculate they use some typical weight for a vehicle using that size tire and some where around 1/2 the tread worn away to come up with their number.

I know with my Mustang they used a slightly different number for revs per mile that what the tire manufacturer had listed for the tire on the car. I would speculate Ford dialed it in better fo the Mustang. Haven't looked at what the Ranger has.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Calculating does not account for the tire defection do to the weight of the truck. The effective radius you are rolling down the road on is less than one half the nominal diameter. This is why the tire manufactuers list more revolutions per mile than what you calculate from the advertised diameter. I would speculate they use some typical weight for a vehicle using that size tire and some where around 1/2 the tread worn away to come up with their number.

I know with my Mustang they used a slightly different number for revs per mile that what the tire manufacturer had listed for the tire on the car. I would speculate Ford dialed it in better fo the Mustang. Haven't looked at what the Ranger has.
That makes complete sense. I figured they had a ratio to apply or something I was missing.

Hadn't even considered the weight of the vehicle itself to be a factor, but of course it would be.

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely a good discussion here. I'm learning quite a bit from what seems "trivial". Lots of factors to consider!

For me personally I've never had to deal with upsized tires so this is a completely new learning experience. Thanks again for the help and direction.

I'll report back next week when I can get back to the truck and test again.

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help and support everyone! I really appreciate it. Happy to report that the 657 nber has pretty much nailed it. I haven't been able to get it on the freeway after making the change but did get it up to 55 in a 45 on a long parkway drive.

It was pretty much on point. There was a bit of a lag between the app and the speedo but for the most part it was a perfect match or 1mph off. Unlike before where it would be several mph off at setting 638.

Need to get it on the freeway for a long straight and set cruise. As always this forum is a wealth of knowledge and friendly people willing to help.
Sponsored

Last edited: