Any have trouble the Ford app this morning?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yep that is exactly what mine is doing...

Yea I also do realise it can be ruff for people who do this stuff.
Different apps, different phones, different ,model # phones, different Os's, what did someone do to their phone, what did they install, different virus software, etc.

It is not that even the PC does allot of the same stuff from time to time.
I believe (but have not invested the time to confirm) they are using a responsive version of the owner.ford.com website for portions of the FordPass app - but since the website is flaky that makes the app flaky as well.

It is hard, but not impossible - and this is FAR from being even marginally successful, IMO. Typically the edge cases are where you have problems - in this case, it is the core areas (not edge cases) that are not functional, which is a huge deal.

Apologies for the rant, everyone - I see crappy/poorly implemented software all the time, and it has become kind of a pet peeve of mine. I wish the software industry as a whole would take quality a lot more seriously. There seems to be a widespread opinion that "we can just issue an update to fix it" so they don't have to spend time to do proper testing. Microsoft and Apple are guilty of this same behavior unfortunately. It makes it difficult to keep current with software, which is critical to get security updates - but you never know if an update is going to break something else. It used to be those kinds of things were the exception, but now it seems like it happens way too frequently.

I will refrain from ranting any more about this - I know it won't change Ford's behavior (nor anyone else's for that matter).

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I believe (but have not invested the time to confirm) they are using a responsive version of the owner.ford.com website for portions of the FordPass app - but since the website is flaky that makes the app flaky as well.

It is hard, but not impossible - and this is FAR from being even marginally successful, IMO. Typically the edge cases are where you have problems - in this case, it is the core areas (not edge cases) that are not functional, which is a huge deal.

Apologies for the rant, everyone - I see crappy/poorly implemented software all the time, and it has become kind of a pet peeve of mine. I wish the software industry as a whole would take quality a lot more seriously. There seems to be a widespread opinion that "we can just issue an update to fix it" so they don't have to spend time to do proper testing. Microsoft and Apple are guilty of this same behavior unfortunately. It makes it difficult to keep current with software, which is critical to get security updates - but you never know if an update is going to break something else. It used to be those kinds of things were the exception, but now it seems like it happens way too frequently.

I will refrain from ranting any more about this - I know it won't change Ford's behavior (nor anyone else's for that matter).

I agree 100 percent.

The whole software and video game industry especially is like that.
Release something before it is ready and patch and update later.

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport trim 4 x 4, Hot Pepper Red, Line-X bed liner, Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover
I was having issues after the latest update. I uninstalled and the reinstalled the app and everything is working perfectly again.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest anyone having issues with the app to leave a poor review in the app store (Apple) or Play (Android). I know many manufacturers look at this feedback and take it seriously. I looked thru some of the recent reviews on Play and most of them weren't very good, although the app has a 4.1 rating - but many of the reviews said it used to work much better until a relatively recent update.

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You guys talking about the combo GPS/$40 update? I have it but haven't uploaded it yet.

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
The app has always been buggy for me. Until the recent update I couldn't read the messages and the old ones still show up blank. Having the app is a nice convenience but I use my keys for remote start. Luckily I'm just within range at work. Nothing else in the app really interests me but I will say that I ran into similar complaints as everyone else, points missing and an empty garage just recently.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Mine has no pending update and doesn't show any recent update either. I get the same weird behavior when trying to access my points from FordPass on my phone. It goes thru a variety of spinning circles then comes to a screen that says "your profile is missing information" but doesn't contain any boxes, just a "continue" button. Click continue and it repeats the same thing. Once, I got fields on there for my name/address,etc - I filled them in, hit continue and it just repeated the same process. I can tell you they are replicating information (poorly) across systems somehow - I updated my info on owner.ford.com to have my preferred name (Rob) instead of Robert - that does not reflect in FordPass - at least not yet.

On owner.ford.com, especially when trying to do the sync updates I've had all sorts of issues - I login, then it tells me I'm not logged in. Then I refresh the page and it realizes I am logged in. Sometimes I refresh or move to a differnt page and all of a sudden I'm not logged in anymore. The behavior is VERY inconsistent and buggy.

The whole app and website are very poorly designed and implemented. The only thing positive I can say about them is that they look nice - but looking nice when not functioning does not make people happy. As I've said before, my guess is that all of that work was contracted out to the lowest bidder (maybe even offshored) - and you get what you pay for. Either way, it is an extremely poorly implemented system for a customer facing application. And I say that as someone who works on enterprise level web applications that are required to be available and functional 24x7x365 - it isn't easy to do.

Ford can, and should do better in this area, IMO.

You ever get this solved. Mine is still doing it. It shows points fine from the ford owners website but not from the app... Keeps asking me to update my profile but it is up too date.
What is funny is I tried to get a Ford guide on it and could not so I left a email and it took weeks to get back to me. They claimed their email server was down. all it said was contact a guide again... Ugg..

I thought it might be fixed by now if I just waited. Been weeks now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You ever get this solved. Mine is still doing it. It shows points fine from the ford owners website but not from the app... Keeps asking me to update my profile but it is up too date.
What is funny is I tried to get a Ford guide on it and could not so I left a email and it took weeks to get back to me. They claimed their email server was down. all it said was contact a guide again... Ugg..

I thought it might be fixed by now if I just waited. Been weeks now.
I hadn't tried it again - tried it again this morning and get the "Confirm your information" stuff again. I didn't even try.....

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I hadn't tried it again - tried it again this morning and get the "Confirm your information" stuff again. I didn't even try.....

I had been checking every few days and it still was asking to Confirm your information with nothing to fill out.
Well a couple days ago it asked me for all my information again I filled it out. Yesterday I noticed my vehicle disappeared from the website and today it is gone from the app.. Just wants me to add my vehicle.

I am guessing is some of the info I entered does not match Fords records.

I am going to say this now Ford pass is the biggest piece of garbage ever. My Colorado app worked great, never a issue with the app or online.. We just bought a Tucson and that app is absolutely fantastic. When you go to start the vehicle for the first time on the Tuscon you can select duration and if you want heated seats on, defrost on etc. It just works so nice. Ford pass is absolute garbage.

I am starting to regret not waiting to buy the Ranger till they work out the bugs. The technology is there but it does not work right. A little snow or ice the sensors go off. The other day I get in my Truck and there is a sound going off like a smoke detector and shows red on the side of my vehicle. in the dark I am trying to clean the sensors. Why didn't it give me the option to turn off that noise temporarily.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I had been checking every few days and it still was asking to Confirm your information with nothing to fill out.
Well a couple days ago it asked me for all my information again I filled it out. Yesterday I noticed my vehicle disappeared from the website and today it is gone from the app.. Just wants me to add my vehicle.

I am guessing is some of the info I entered does not match Fords records.

I am going to say this now Ford pass is the biggest piece of garbage ever. My Colorado app worked great, never a issue with the app or online.. We just bought a Tucson and that app is absolutely fantastic. When you go to start the vehicle for the first time on the Tuscon you can select duration and if you want heated seats on, defrost on etc. It just works so nice. Ford pass is absolute garbage.

I am starting to regret not waiting to buy the Ranger till they work out the bugs. The technology is there but it does not work right. A little snow or ice the sensors go off. The other day I get in my Truck and there is a sound going off like a smoke detector and shows red on the side of my vehicle. in the dark I am trying to clean the sensors. Why didn't it give me the option to turn off that noise temporarily.

Well tried to re add my Truck back in and it said already in my Garage or what ever.
Well now it shows up again... So frustrating.
Sponsored