Annoying menu pops up on radio every drive

MichMan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 2010 Ford Explorer
I have a lower end radio in my 2019 Ranger. When I start the Ranger up, the radio plays whatever station it was left in the last time I drove it (first photo) Then after a few minutes I get a menu on the screen that tells me "My location and vehicle data sharing is enabled" (second photo) and gives me two options, OK or Connectivity Settings. I cannot choose either of these from the steering wheels home button, or cancel them, which requires me to take my eyes off the road and fumble with the radio. If I select connectivity settings it just shows all three settings are checked, (third photo) so there isn't a need to be notified. 1. Anybody else have this annoying menu pop up for no reason? 2. Anyone know how to keep it from appearing? 3. Is this a fault in my system or normal?

IMG_20191208_115423248.jpg

IMG_20191208_115635951.jpg

IMG_20191208_115658233.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Yep, same thing happens. I'd also like a solution to this reoccurring issue.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The only way I know to get rid of that prompt is to pair a phone with the truck. If you do that, the prompt goes away.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The only way I know to get rid of that prompt is to pair a phone with the truck. If you do that, the prompt goes away.
I've done that but I always connect via usb for apple play...what ever I'm doing the stupid prompt will not go away...it's 747 pre-flight check everytime I get in...plug my phone in wait for apple play to sync...iphone goes blank...I don't want it blank because stupid apple play doesn't allow search and all apps menus are too limited...turn that on...tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap:facepalm:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It is a way to force you to sign up for ford pass.

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
My phone is paired w/ the truck BUT sometimes to save the phone battery I turn off Bluetooth

Deleted member 1634

I've done that but I always connect via usb for apple play...what ever I'm doing the stupid prompt will not go away...it's 747 pre-flight check everytime I get in...plug my phone in wait for apple play to sync...iphone goes blank...I don't want it blank because stupid apple play doesn't allow search and all apps menus are too limited...turn that on...tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap:facepalm:
I think you have to have the emergency 911 option allowed for you phone too, to keep that from popping up. It won't get rid of the other pop-ups there are, but maybe it'll get rid of that one.

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
my truck does the same and I have a lariat...My phone is paired but only comes up when I have my phone plugged in which is almost every time I drive. weird part is it will pop up immediately after starting or 1 hr into my drive. This is the most annoying thing my truck does and I #&^$* every time I see it!

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
my truck does the same and I have a lariat...My phone is paired but only comes up when I have my phone plugged in which is almost every time I drive. weird part is it will pop up immediately after starting or 1 hr into my drive. This is the most annoying thing my truck does and I #&^$* every time I see it!
Same :(

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I have a lower end radio in my 2019 Ranger. When I start the Ranger up, the radio plays whatever station it was left in the last time I drove it (first photo) Then after a few minutes I get a menu on the screen that tells me "My location and vehicle data sharing is enabled" (second photo) and gives me two options, OK or Connectivity Settings. I cannot choose either of these from the steering wheels home button, or cancel them, which requires me to take my eyes off the road and fumble with the radio. If I select connectivity settings it just shows all three settings are checked, (third photo) so there isn't a need to be notified. 1. Anybody else have this annoying menu pop up for no reason? 2. Anyone know how to keep it from appearing? 3. Is this a fault in my system or normal?
I don't have Ford Pass and have never activated the modem on my truck.... it doesn't do anything you are showing.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My phone is paired w/ the truck BUT sometimes to save the phone battery I turn off Bluetooth
I should have been more explicit - you have to pair the phone and actually have it connected - I've had a few instances where I was out hiking outside of cell range and I turned on airplane mode (which also disabled bluetooth) and I got the popup. Once I connected the phone it went away.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I should have been more explicit - you have to pair the phone and actually have it connected - I've had a few instances where I was out hiking outside of cell range and I turned on airplane mode (which also disabled bluetooth) and I got the popup. Once I connected the phone it went away.
It doesn't seem to matter in my case...My phone is connected but disconnects seemingly when I plug into the USB cord and the prompt is back...every single instance every time I get in and connect my phone to the USB...:curse::angry:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yep, same thing happens. I'd also like a solution to this reoccurring issue.
You’re gonna need a bigger boat.:sunglasses::LOL: Sorry, just couldn’t help myself. That’s (your avatar) one of my favorite movies.:giggle:

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I turned off all of the connectivity options, as well as the vehicle hot-spot, and I think that stopped it. It's incredibly annoying, especially given how slow the Sync system is relative to CarPlay.

OP
OP

MichMan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 2010 Ford Explorer
I've got my phone paired but don't always have my Bluetooth on, especially in short trips. Yes it won't happen when it does pair with my phone.
Sponsored