Upon start up ...every time two messages to close

Packattack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
I have owned the new Ranger for a few weeks now. I paired the system to my iPhone and also set up and use FordPass, but I cannot get rid of these messages every time I start up the Ranger...I looked through the owners manual and no luck...any assistance would be appreciated

8807619E-8B41-4CA6-9569-58F626904146.jpeg

ADFAD1F1-B5B2-4C82-BE52-5122B48663E3.jpeg
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the first one, but for the second one, it sounds like it wants to connect to your home wifi access point. I'm assuming that is to enable over the air updates.

Have you setup you truck on the FordPass app? It sounds like that might do it as well.

Since I don't have a truck yet, I can't do anything more than guess at this point.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ive seen the first one a couple times, seems to only come on if Ive turned bluetooth off on my phone and it does not hook up. I think its basically telling you that its ready to share but cannot find a deceive to connect to.

Ive also been getting the second one for a couple weeks at every start and havent figured it out either. If I click "Yes" it brings up the house wifi and does nothing else:rolleyes:

My only guess is that it started around the same time the recall showed up on my Ford Pass, but I really am not sure.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ive seen the first one a couple times, seems to only come on if Ive turned bluetooth off on my phone and it does not hook up. I think its basically telling you that its ready to share but cannot find a deceive to connect to.

Ive also been getting the second one for a couple weeks at every start and havent figured it out either. If I click "Yes" it brings up the house wifi and does nothing else:rolleyes:

My only guess is that it started around the same time the recall showed up on my Ford Pass, but I really am not sure.
When you click yes, does the little i in the circle go away? That would indicate it has successfully connected to your home wifi.

WiFiSymbol.png

Based on the second message content, it sounds like it wants/needs to do some sort of software update and wants wifi to complete it. Maybe it was connected somewhere and didn't finish downloading the update or something.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
You can turn those connectivity services off and the messages, go away I did. And I still use android auto Yol just have to manually check for updates

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
You can turn those connectivity services off and the messages, go away I did. And I still use android auto Yol just have to manually check for updates
That's great to know as the popups seem annoying.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
That's great to know as the popups seem annoying.
Turn auto updates and WiFi off to help eliminate messages. Ford engineering is investigating. It’s happening to all Ford vehicles with Sync 3.

OP
OP
Packattack

Packattack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
When you click yes, does the little i in the circle go away? That would indicate it has successfully connected to your home wifi.

WiFiSymbol.png

Based on the second message content, it sounds like it wants/needs to do some sort of software update and wants wifi to complete it. Maybe it was connected somewhere and didn't finish downloading the update or something.
I will check....thanks. Also good to know I’m not the only one having this little issue. I didn’t want to turn off the auto updates, but it does get annoying so may have to turn them off....

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I will check....thanks. Also good to know I’m not the only one having this little issue. I didn’t want to turn off the auto updates, but it does get annoying so may have to turn them off....

I was getting it too buy no update is available It just started doing it all of a sudden last week. . Someone else above mentioned it's happening to other sync 3 vehicles and Ford is looking into it

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
Well the fact it's happening to other Sync 3 vehicles is kind of nice. I'm getting the WiFi connection one. It's not super annoying as Android Auto just fires up over it but its good that the internet says Ford is looking into it and I'm not the only one.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Any update on making these messages go away. I seem to get the first one about location sharing about every other time I start my truck up...it's rather annoying.

OP
OP
Packattack

Packattack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Any update on making these messages go away. I seem to get the first one about location sharing about every other time I start my truck up...it's rather annoying.
Just talked to Ford service at dealership a couple of days ago and they said a Sync 3 recalibration should be coming out in a month or so. I have had multiple prompts popping up almost every time I start up. It is annoying...

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I figured this out my trial and error. Agree that it is immensely annoying,
Sponsored