Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercab Lariat FX4 Oxford White
Occupation
USAF Retired
What?
I have been watching the AMP site for months each day.
Where did you purchase. Please share.
I purchased mine as a dealer add on accessory in November when I purchased the truck. They arrived at the dealer on March 20th. They were just able to Install them today!
Sponsored

DAWGSLAW

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF Retired
How was the install? Been waiting for mine for a few months now. Hopefully they’ll show up some day.
I had the dealer install them.

DAWGSLAW

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF Retired
Could you post some more photos? Looking for another side shot. Thank you.
These are what I have for now. If you want to see something else shoot me a message and I’ll be happy to get one for you.

72CECF51-9E91-4575-86D4-2E1712FC1D5D.jpeg

6356709B-54DD-4862-B156-1350D283F0F0.jpeg

75962783-BBDD-43AE-A882-8519BA08AADC.jpeg

BFB67287-69CB-4D04-950B-EF05D930FFEB.jpeg

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
While I wait for them to offer for sale to common people, what I would like is more details on is regarding Install. I have read the instructions, but they are vague on wire routing. I asked since they have time would they add to the instructions (asked in December).

Where is the hole drilled on driver side for wiring?
Where did the wires get attached and run under the truck. How do they run in the engine and any Wiring hook up point pictures. All of this would be great. No rush as sounds like public sales are 2 weeks out unless they reply to my email with your their info. Hard to give people money. One would think in these times they would roll out the red carpet. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rmblaster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I purchased mine as a dealer add on accessory in November when I purchased the truck. They arrived at the dealer on March 20th. They were just able to Install them today!
what did they cost at dealer

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I have been waiting for the release of these PowerSteps as well. The website currently states: "Out of Stock"?

After seeing the photo's on DAWGSLAW (BTW - Sweet Truck!) I'm surprised that the step is up so far up on the lower rocker in the closed position? Maybe that is adjustable via the mounting brackets?

Here is a pretty comprehensive install video on an F150:

You'll notice how far under the rocker the actual step sits after full deployment/closed. (sure its a F150, but the side rockers are pretty similar?)

My understanding is these steps are supposed to nearly retract completely under the lower rocker?

Am I mistaken?

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
While I wait for them to offer for sale to common people, what I would like is more details on is regarding Install. I have read the instructions, but they are vague on wire routing. I asked since they have time would they add to the instructions (asked in December).

Where is the hold drilled on driver side for wiring?
Where did the wires get attached and run under the truck. How do they run in the engine and any Wiring hook up point pictures. All of this would be great. No rush as sounds like public sales are 2 weeks out unless they reply to my email with your their info. Hard to give people money. One would think in these times they would roll out the red carpet. Thanks.
checkout these photos and video from the version in Australia:
https://www.autocraze.com.au/store/retractable-power-step-ford-ranger-px-mk2-dual-cab.html

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The last vehicles I owned, (F-250 & F-150) the AMP power steps retracted underneath and mostly out of sight. It seems the ranger AMP power steps are more visible while retracted (which could be a good thing to deflect road debris), but I personally think they show too much and look a little out of place while retracted. Maybe seeing them in person will change my mind.

shelbygt350

First Name
Robert wolfe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
hi anyone put power running boards on there Ranger yet .iam taking off my factory ones tomorrow and having canopy world in Bremerton wa put power running boards on . will sell my factory ones

Lc4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Honda CRV, Triumph TR8, Dodge D150
hi anyone put power running boards on there Ranger yet .iam taking off my factory ones tomorrow and having canopy world in Bremerton wa put power running boards on . will sell my factory ones

Lc4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Honda CRV, Triumph TR8, Dodge D150
Color and price your factory boards?

Rmblaster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Amp research power step running boards are now available on their site just ordered mine
Sponsored