Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
This just highlights that Amazon has nothing but shit.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Seriously though, if someone finds something on Amazon Google the brand and see if you can find it from a small business. I've found some stuff direct from the manufacturer that is cheaper off Amazon than on. Probably due to the fact that they get charged a percentage by Amazon for selling there. But dang, does it make things convinient.... πŸ˜‚
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
maybe if we knew who made the parts and the specs etc. Some amazon branded stuff is made by the name brand folks just labeled and branded amazon to amazon spec. so if i found out the UCA were made by dana or moog etc. I might consider them. without knowing details i would pass. S3M has some UCA for sale and they are likely a better bet. if nothing else at least s3m is a forum member and if you have a problem they will take care of it. @Stage3Motorsports

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I apologize for derailing this a bit, but, I consider this reasonably good food for thought;

I bought my Valvomax oil drain from Amazon and received a counterfeit. I wouldn't have found out of it didn't come without a cap and I reached out to the company...whom responded "where did you get that?"

They gave me a genuine article in exchange for me mailing them the counterfeit directly instead of returning to Amazon. It was a really bizarre scenario and totally unexpected from a "mom and pop" shop like Valvomax.

Goes to show you - once you send your diagrams overseas, they become intellectual property of every hack shop in China.

Buckbull

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Architect
I was pretty gruff in my original response. I've been burned a couple time with car parts on Amazon so I'm pretty jaded when it comes to any kind of car parts. If I don't buy local I have had really great luck with rockauto.

Also, Amazon used to be the defacto place to get what you want for the cheapest price. It isn't that way now. I had two swing cases in my cart earlier this year and on a whim I checked out the ford branded ones on the ford accessories website and they were $10 cheaper. Although given the headache I've had with my order I should have just paid the extra $10 each.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize for derailing this a bit, but, I consider this reasonably good food for thought;

I bought my Valvomax oil drain from Amazon and received a counterfeit. I wouldn't have found out of it didn't come without a cap and I reached out to the company...whom responded "where did you get that?"

They gave me a genuine article in exchange for me mailing them the counterfeit directly instead of returning to Amazon. It was a really bizarre scenario and totally unexpected from a "mom and pop" shop like Valvomax.

Goes to show you - once you send your diagrams overseas, they become intellectual property of every hack shop in China.
I had an issue with rigid lights, when I told them I bought them through Amazon they had me send pictures of serial numbers and of the lights to verify they were real... They were. But they still did nothing to fix the issue. πŸ˜‚ (one of the led lenses was misaligned inside and caused the beam to not be a single spotlight, more of a spot light with a little side lighting) πŸ˜‚

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
The only problem with Amazon is there are now alot of frauds. I've been swindled a few times now by buying a 'name brand' product off of amazon only to receive it and find that its a knockoff item.
Im much more careful now about who the 'seller' is.
I mean I get that, I've been lucky so far cause I make sure I look up the company if they feel sketchy. I've been burned in ebay like you have from amazon so Indo get what you mean.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I had an issue with rigid lights, when I told them I bought them through Amazon they had me send pictures of serial numbers and of the lights to verify they were real... They were. But they still did nothing to fix the issue. πŸ˜‚ (one of the led lenses was misaligned inside and caused the beam to not be a single spotlight, more of a spot light with a little side lighting) πŸ˜‚
i got a set of fake rigid lights from amazon one time and one set from an ebay seller. returned both for refund. the set from amazon was very convincing, housing was a real rigid housing but internal guts were not. email rigid and they asked me to send photos. china copies any and all without consequence it seems.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
i got a set of fake rigid lights from amazon one time and one set from an ebay seller. returned both for refund. the set from amazon was very convincing, housing was a real rigid housing but internal guts were not. email rigid and they asked me to send photos. china copies any and all without consequence it seems.
The agent told me mine were real (I had choose a us based seller) but that the issue I was having wasn't there fault... πŸ˜‚ That was the first and last set of light I had that were rigid... Granted I had them ~9 months before I noticed the issue.... Before the 2 year mark the lights fried themselves anyway and I got DD lights...

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the same UCAs and then stumbled across this video. Now this is not exactly UCAs but it does show you the quality differences in quality name brand products vs Ebay/Amazon wuhan lab created "steel".

Just keep saving up to get something decent.

OP
OP
naydoozie

naydoozie

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2005 Ford Focus
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks... most of you, for the insight. Appreciate your thoughts/experiences on the amazon counterfeit vs rebranded, and examples of durability over time with other parts.

Bummer nobody has actually tried any of these on their truck, that would be cool to hear about.

The only reason I really looked into it was just due to the similarity to Freedom Offroad's offering for UCAs. Some of the amazon offerings look really close to what Freedom Offroad sells. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they come from exactly the same manufacturer. And at 1/4 the price (or 1/7-1/8 the price of the likes of icon, camburg, etc), they're hard to ignore.

Maybe I'll end up buying 2-3 pairs just for inspection purposes, and see if I can find differences.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... most of you, for the insight. Appreciate your thoughts/experiences on the amazon counterfeit vs rebranded, and examples of durability over time with other parts.

Bummer nobody has actually tried any of these on their truck, that would be cool to hear about.

The only reason I really looked into it was just due to the similarity to Freedom Offroad's offering for UCAs. Some of the amazon offerings look really close to what Freedom Offroad sells. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they come from exactly the same manufacturer. And at 1/4 the price (or 1/7-1/8 the price of the likes of icon, camburg, etc), they're hard to ignore.

Maybe I'll end up buying 2-3 pairs just for inspection purposes, and see if I can find differences.
check out the sellers too, there may be more reputable sellers. . . .

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Since Amazon intermixes inventory, it doesn't matter. You'll get a fake anyway.
That's true, I guess I should refer to ship's from than.

It also doesn't hurt if the item ships from Amazon, but us sold from a reputable shop...

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
The only problem with Amazon is there are now alot of frauds. I've been swindled a few times now by buying a 'name brand' product off of amazon only to receive it and find that its a knockoff item.
Im much more careful now about who the 'seller' is.
bingo

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
another angle for the fake product problem (go to 10:40 in the vid).

the closer it looks to a name brand product, IMO, the more likely it is to be fake and unsafe. I don't buy anything that's safety critical from amazon.
Sponsored